What are these mutts mixed with?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsmaonaigh, Nov 6, 2010.

1. mrsmaonaigh

mrsmaonaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    SE Georgia
    Just curious. Both are laying light brown eggs. The top one is a tiny little thing. The bottom one has slate legs. Both have v combs.

[​IMG]

2. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

They are very pretty! I am not familiar with V combed breeds, but my initial guess is Polish cross, maybe with RIR? I have a silkie cross pullet that is VERY similar, except she has feathered legs. Her mom is a RIR/GLW cross, and her coloring is very similar to your pullets.

3. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Top one: No idea
    Bottom one: Silkie x

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Top - Polish x some kind of Wheaten colored breed

Bottom - Polish x ?? Not a Silkie though

5. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    I got it there chickens

6. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

OK MrsM--when were you in my coop??? I have a whole bunch of birds that look just like that! They are the cutest things! I dont know what kind mine are either so I cant really help, All I can say is mine laid through the winter and raised a TON of babies this summer. One would sit on the eggs and as they hatched, the babies jumped down to join the 3 "Moms" on the floor. When all of the eggs hatched the 4 of them mothered all 30 babies!
    Whatever they are--they make great broodies and Moms. Terri O

7. mrsmaonaigh

mrsmaonaigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    SE Georgia
    LOL! That is good to know. I'm hoping in the spring that one of them will go broody. I love them to death although the bigger one on the bottom is THE noisiest bird. She is always squawking at something.

8. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I had to check Legbars because their top knot is like that, but they aren't Legbars. They are gorgeous though. Probably Polish cross, and I would wonder if they were part Welsummer or something with a partridge coloring? Beauties. Got a boy? Breed them and see what the babies turn out like. Then you will have a closer idea of what they came from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by