What are these people thinking?

Well as long as they are healthy and happy, fine, but alot of people treat their animals like toys or ornaments that are disposable. Like keeping a fish in a cute little 'fish bowl' for decoraction. that's very bad for the fish and fish bowls are actually being banned in some places they're so awful. ANd I can't stand it when the neighbors tell me they like looking at my ducks because they're pretty. Most people would take that as a compliment but its the way they say it (not to mention the fact they stare into MY yard, even when we're out there. they ever hear about privacy?) ...

Sheds do cost that much and more. I've only had one built by someone else in my lifetime and it was 10x12, cost $1700. That was about 11 years ago. We built our own 8x8 coop for $400, using a few recycled materials in with the new. Then we did an 8x12 addition for another $400. We built an L-shaped storage shed, one leg was 8x8 and the other was 8x12. We built that years before the coop was built and used all new materials for $1200 with two sets of double doors and two ramps and a brand new window from Home Depot. That shed is 9' tall at the front and would have cost maybe $3000 if we had someone build it for us.

Last edited:
Quote:
You're fortunate to have neighbors who appreciate beauty.

Quote:
Dude, I treat chickens, dogs and women that way. Not horses, though.

Quote:
That's kinda crazy sounding. You can't handle people commenting on the beauty or lack thereof of your animals? You'd rather hear them say "Wow your ducks are very useful and functional"? If you don't like them looking into your yard then you may want to consider a privacy fence and wouldn't you looking at them looking at you invading their privacy?

jeremy

I can't imagine getting upset because someone said my animals were beautiful!!! When someone compliments mine I get that happy little warm fuzzy feeling and do the "oh thank you and they are soooooo smart and sweet and the best pets EVER.....wanna cuddle one....." no wonder people avoid my chickies like the plague!!!!! LOL

I am VERY proud of my chickens. I love having other people notice they are special and comment on it. I say be thankful for a neighbor who thinks they are beautiful....I can trade the crazy, creepy, psycho who brags to me about beating his ex-wife for yours if you would like.
smile.png

I actually have a Tuff Shed as a chicken coop, My coop is 8x10 and cost $1,500.00 and I had it built 02/15/05. They actually customized it for me, they built the pop door (best pop door in the world), put the windows and vents just where I wanted them and other modifications I requested. I couldn't be happier with it.
They came to my property installed, painted and caulked all in one days time. I knew I never would re "coop" the cost in eggs but I don't keep chickens to save money, I do it because I love it!
Now I must confess the money I used was a Chritmas gift from my parents.

Back
Top Bottom