What are these?

Portia

Songster
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
South Central PA
I am hoping that someone can help me differentiate between my speckled sussex and welsummer chicks. I've identified the BR, SLW and black australorps. Of course, if I wait long enough they'll all feather out and I should be able to figure it out on my own. As of now, they both look the same to me...aside from just being as cute as can be.
I will now try to post a couple pictures (wish me luck)
wink.png

IMGP2917.jpg

The next is a different chick
IMGP2913.jpg

Here they are together:
IMGP2907.jpg

And a final picture...just because
IMGP2903.jpg

Thanks in advance
smile.png
for whomever can help me out here.
d

Last edited:
I can't help with the chicks as I am new and know nothing, but I can help you with your pic problem!

your url

The above is how you posted them,
try them like this:

Hope this helps

Sarah

IMGP2919.JPG

IMGP2913.JPG

IMGP2871.JPG

IMGP2920.JPG

Thought I would help you out, Portia! The image needs to go between the Img symbols.

I have no clue about baby chicks, they are all cuties to me! But I am sure someone else can help you!

Tanya

Your #2 chick is exactly what I'm trying to find out what the breed is. I believe mine are all roos. I got six extra chicks from Ideal, and they all look exactly like this.

If I figure it out, I'll let you know, but I'll keep and eye out here, too.
hmm.png

Em

Em,
I've noticed some posts with easter eggers that look a lot like these two, but mine are supposed to be welsummers and speckled sussex. Ah well, they're cute either way. Mine are all supposed to be girls, at least 95% of them. I think I have one australorp that I've already identified as a roo...I hope he's the only one 'cause I don't really want more than one roo to start.
d

Mark
They both have the same 'chipmunk' marked heads, though.
...Of course maybe that's why my little dog is so eager to get at them, she loves chipmunks (if you know what I mean).

Back
Top Bottom