What are these?????

PeuAPeu

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Alabama
These two chicks are from my McMurray mixed lot. Of course it is hard to tell exactly what all of them are, but I noticed one distinct black one that is now feathering out from its's fluff and there are some red feathers coming through with the black. My first thought was Black Copper Maran, but I don't even see that listed on the McMurray site. What do you think? This other light colored one I am assuming is an Easter Egger but it looks different than the others. My only other single one that has no match I think is a Rhode Island Red, but I have no picture. I just would like an opinion on these two.

The black one has coloring like a black star pullet, and the white one's definitely an EE (in my experience black and white EE's are usually cockerels, though there are also B+W pullets).

Are they bantam? If they are the golden lace whyendotes. If they are not then they are astrolorps. ( sorry about my spelling )

I had Australorps before and none of them had red. I also have had Black Jersey Giants......they also do not look like that. Hmmm......and no they are also not bantams. In fact this one is bigger than some of my others from the same order. I assumed it was a cockerel. Its feet and legs look pretty thick. I like the surprise. :) As long as I have some hens in there too then I don't mind. I was expecting to loe at least half of the bunch as roosters anyway. My order total was 38 with the extras. Only one hs perished but not from disease. My bf was catchnig them with a net and I think he accidentally broke ones neck :( I said "Baby, they are still tiny and fragile, you have to be gentle" It doesn't take much to injure the tiny little ones.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom