What are these???

mt19

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 2, 2013
I bought them when they were 2 weeks thinking they were leghorn chickens. Their now 21 weeks old (females) and they haven't developed and comb ?
It's been 2 weeks and she's being screaming constantly non- stop really loud!!
I've tried everything the food, temperature everything seems normal. I'm not sure why she does not stop screaming, is it because she's about to lay or something else. Please I need some advice !
Thank you....

I've never heard of that breed?
Do they lay eggs and why are they making so much noise
Thankyou for your reply.

I just googled the breed. I'm gob smacked
The farmer gave them to me saying they were leghorns!

May you please describe their characteristics and a bit of info about them please.
Really appreciate your help

They're not chickens! If it's a guinea/chicken mix, it will be sterile, though yours looks pure guinea. They're a different type of domesticated (or not so much in their case) poultry, well known for the loud noises they make. They do make great flock protectors for chickens, though.

So they won't lay eggs. They have been troubling us for 2 weeks screaming non stop!

Guinea Hens are Fowl but not a chicken. They are vocal and great watch dogs, i have 6 and if anything comes into the yard they will let you know. They do lay eggs. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/312682/raising-guinea-fowl-101 Here is a link and you can search more on the site.

They are interesting birds, and if you incubate the eggs assuming you have a male with the girls, the keets (babies) usually sell well. $5 ea in our area.
'

Link did not work for me, search Guineas and read the guinea 101 thread first..

They are not sterile if you have a male.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom