what are they really?

Quote:
I am a poultry snob, so I look at things some folks don't notice. I can tell even though it is only a pic, that the bird is in very good physical condition. Obviously I haven't handled her, but that is pretty evident in feather condition and general appearance of the bird. It is a commercial bird, but I still enjoy a well conditioned bird. I am an APA/ABA general lic judge if that means anything. bottom line is that you have a very healthy bird in prime condition......good job!

Walt

Thanks Walt!
smile.png
I try very hard too keep all my animals in good physical condition and health. All of my chickens free range at least every other day on our 6acres of pasture and woods. I also spend a lot of time keeping pens cleaned and researching proper diets. Maybe one day I will have some show quality birds but I have a lot to learn and for now I'm mostly just worried about selling healthy birds and being honest about what I'm breeding. I don't want anyone too be in my position of thinking they have something they don't. And I don't mind having mutts by any means, in fact they are some of the prettiest birds sometimes. My youngest daughter is 3 and she like me has a love for the chickens. In fact they also have a lot for her
smile.png
So when she's a bit older I have a feeling we will be looking into some show quality for fairs or 4-H. When that time comes I'll probably have a million questions for you
lol.png

I don't mind answering any questions I can.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom