What are they worth?????? PLEASE HELP ME :(

jonespoulltryfarm

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 15, 2011
Kentucky
i have the chance to aquire some silver pheasants i can get 4 pair and two extra roos for about a 100 bucks because an older gentleman i know is going out of everything due to health issues i just wanna know if there is any money to be made with breeding them and selling offspring before i make such an investment

thanks ahead of time for any responses

Jones Poultry Farm

Silvers are beautiful birds and lay really well. We pulled the eggs and incubated and got about as many eggs from them as we did our ringnecks. As far as making money, it just depends on the market in your area. We didn't have as much call for them here is southern Illinois as we did goldens and lady amhearsts so ended up getting rid of them and using the pen space for the others.

If you can get 10 for $10, go for it. Silvers are beautiful birds and easy to raise. If later you should decide that they are not for you, you can probably double your money on craigslist. I sell my young Silvers in the fall for $25 each with no problem.

Wow, I wish I was near any of you! I've been looking for any variety of Pheasant, other than Ringneck! Being in South Dakota, it seems all anyone is raising is Ringneck. Don't get me wrong, they can be pretty birds in their own right, but I'm just not interested in raising them.

I've wanted to find some "older" birds and not start out with chicks, but it appears my only options here are either fertile eggs and incubate them myself, or buying live chicks and hope they survive the shipping.

Don't know what part of S.D. your at but Craigslist has a pair of 2011 hatch Yellow Golden for $40.00. They are listed in Dante, SD where ever that is. Good Luck Amigo

Back
Top Bottom