what are we?? he? she? and breed?

malloriedowd

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
One not sure if i actually got Golden comets or not also got a mystery bantem, all were suppose to be hens but i have two suspious males

Golden comet? He or she?

Bantem??? He or she???

Group with girls this pic shows back of suspected roos head as well

They look like Red sex links to me and the bantam is probably some type of OEGB. Oh and if they are red sex links then the boys are white and the girls grow white and red. But other then that they are to young to sex.

Are these chicks extra from your order, or were they supposed to be part of your golden comet order? The chick with the red head, could be a sexlink pullet. The white one looks to be about the same size as everyone else. It might be a male red sexlink.

The only extra was the "bantam" who the guy suspected was a male and said hes already crowed (I'm so new that I'm confused to anything breed or he's and she's) all of the RSL are suppose to be hens.

A red sexlink pullet has a red/buff head at hatch and will feather to be mostly red with some white feathers. A red sexlink cockerel will be a white or very pale yellow chick and feather in mostly white with some red. They are called sexlinks because you can tell by their color at hatching which are boys and which are girls.

Your Red Sex-links/Golden Comets all look like pullets to me. Your unknown chick is too young to sex (unless it is crowing by now), and its breed may be Old English Game.

Back
Top Bottom