What are we?

chick818

Songster
Apr 22, 2009
Hi All,
I am new to the chicken world, and BYC. I am trying to figure out how to post, so please excuse me if I have done anything incorectly. We started on our venture almost 2 weeks ago. We got 4 chicks. Of which we were told 2 are cochins (blue and partridge?) The other 2 are unidentified. As I look around on the different sites, I am begning to think that my blue cochin might not actually be a full blue, as it does not seem to be as dark as some other pics I have seen. I was also wondering if anyone can recognize the other chicks as a specific breed? And what are some traits of a young rooster, I think that the bigger light colored one with the orangeish feet might be a roo. He seems a bit more aggressive and harder to handle. It also runs to the front of the group to peck at my dogs nose when he sniffs around them. They are about 4/5 weeks old and we handle them all the time. The cochins are real loves..... They are still in the house but I put them out (of course protected and supervised) on nice days. Any advice for a newcomer is truly welcomed. I am going to try to post my pics, but I am a bit unsure of how to do so. Here goes...

28911_101_3270.jpg

28911_101_3274.jpg

28911_101_3271.jpg

28911_101_3272.jpg

28911_101_3269.jpg

Back
Top Bottom