What are we?

Beckymca

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
I'm learning more and more everyday and now want to know what kind of birds I have, lol.... These hens were gifted to me about 3 weeks ago. The guys said the rooster was hard on them, hence the lose of feathers, I assume. So what are they all and will the feathers grow back?

First hen, good sized and friendly.
62227_bl_and_wh_hen.jpg

62227_bl_n_wh_hen_bottom.jpg

The next hen is smaller than the other birds and a dark red.
62227_dk_red_hen.jpg

This hen is lighter red but a bigger.heavier bird in general.
62227_lt_red_hen.jpg

Then the last 3 are dark birds, one appears lighter in size and has more green in her back, also rust or brown feather through her neck.

62227_hen_1_pic2.jpg

62227_hen_1.jpg

The other 2 are very similar to her but no rust or brown in her neck and not as much greens on the back, almost have a chocolate brown to them and are heavier/bigger birds over all.
62227_hen2n3.jpg

Thanks, looking forward to knowing what they all are!!!!

Some had no tails at all and are red raw around thier bums. They are very happy and grateful. I'm getting 5-6 eggs a day from 6 hens. I just want to do whatever I can to make them feel better!!! And learn all I can about them. They are so cute and fun to watch. I'm really enjoying them and the eggs!!!

I thought #2 was a RIR, so that tells you how much I know. Could #3 be a BO cross. I also have 13 out of 14 chicks that are pure BO and they are a butterscotch color, but are also still very young. What about #4? 5 and 6?

The first one is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I'm not sure about the second one. The dark ones are hard to see since the photos are a little blurry. They look a lot like my black sexlink looked when she was younger.

Back
Top Bottom