1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Are We?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kiweed, Oct 2, 2011.

1. kiweed

kiweed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Murfreesboro TN
    WE ARE NOT SURE WHAT WE HAVE HERE. WE WERE TOLD THEY WERE CAMPBELLS WHEN WE GOT THEM I WAS ALSO TOLD MAYBE WH. ANY IDEAS?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Oh, such pretty ducks!

To me, they look like runner mixes. Khaki Campbells were bred from runners, mallards and rouens, so there may be some KC in there. The colors just don't look like Khaki to me.

I have seen white and blue runners that have pretty much those colors. And what are called pet quality or hatchery quality runners don't always have the very upright stance that the show quality runners have.

The shape of the white one's face and the set of her eyes especially remind me of my Elfie, a chocolate runner.

Very sweet!

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    They look like blue swedish.
    The darker one is a plain blue swedish, the lighter one is a blue splah swedish [​IMG]

4. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

I think they look look blue swedish babies to me....they are cuties!!

5. kiweed

kiweed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Murfreesboro TN
    Do they look like hens? Drakes?. They are about 5 weeks. The dark one began quacking 2 days ago. The light one is still cheeping.

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Girls quack. Boys - from what I've read - continue to peep for a bit and then develop a raspy mumbly voice.

I saw that bib and thought blue swedish, too, but then some runner mixes have a bib of sorts.

7. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    blue sweedish.
    and probably too soon to tell on gender. once they get their full feathers in, if they're drakes, they'll have a pair of curled up feathers on their back just above their tail. girls don't get curls.
    and yes, girls quack LOUD and boys rasp and sound like marlon brando in The Godfather.

8. K4zn4v3

K4zn4v3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    I think they are ducks but I'm not sure. [​IMG] In all honesty I'm not sure but they do seem like they enjoy each others company.

9. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Looks like they're runner Swedish mixes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by