What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ferdinand, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2010
    Norfolk, England
    Eight weeks ago my eggs hatched out in the incubator and i got this little selection, the problem was i bought the eggs at auction and bought them as Millefleur Pekin! Now the eggs looked a little bigger (not much) than our pekin eggs and when they hatched they clearly were not pekins (no leg feathers). So we all have a rose comb and are growing incredibly slowly, The Welsummers chicks who hatched the same day are double our size already!! The body shape of all 4 (only three pictured i have two whites) is very much like that of a Wynadotte, lovely yellow legs also.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    the whites could be a white wyandotte bantam...theyre all bantams im sure.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they are bantams and the white looks look it maybe a wyandotte but the others looks like silver and gold sebrights

4. Ferdinand

Nov 3, 2010
    Norfolk, England
    Do sebrights have a rose comb?

5. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    yes, i believe they do...at least from the pics ive seen

6. Ferdinand

Nov 3, 2010
    Norfolk, England
    All the birds have the same body shape and same comb. I'm starting to think they are Wyandotte crosses.

7. Ferdinand

Nov 3, 2010
    Norfolk, England
    And now having had a look at google images i'm not convinced [​IMG]. The Gold and silvers in their stance do indeed look very much like Sebright chicks...will just have to wait and see i think.

8. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

The white one is hard to be sure, but the gold and silver are sebrights.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    update?

10. Chicken Soj

Chicken Soj Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2012
    The top two look like a silver and a golden sebright. The full white one could possibly be a cornish game hen, or some small meat breed. I think this because in the picture above it looks like he/she has wide hips, which are bred for meat. The only question i have is, when you had the eggs, were they all the same size? And is the white one the same age and size of the golden one? If so he/she is most likely a cornish game hen. Also, if he/she eats more than the golden and the silver, it is a high possibility that he/she is a cornish game hen. The best of luck to you and your chickens! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by