What are you cooking on New Year's Day?

No laundry? I better get to work this morning. We just got home from Mexico & I have about 5 loads of sandy mess in my laundry room!
As for tomorrow, I was thinking of bagels, lox and (of course) eggs for brunch. Maybe a steak for dinner.
Happy New Year BYC friends!

Quote:
That's right! Per my PA Dutch family, laundry or any dirt in the house New Year's Day is like bringing all the bad luck from the old year into the new year. So you clean the whole house Dec 31st, do all the laundry, sweep out the fireplace and burn last year's calendar as kindling.

I have my work cut out for me--two quilt projects (one in the bedroom, one in the dining room) that need cut and sorted and put away, three more loads of laundry, heavy blankets and three sweaters need aired out, two loads of dishes and floors to do yet. Thank goddess the food can be made in the crock-pot...I gotta pull a Miss Prissy here and somehow get it done...Someone tell me to stop futzing around on the internet and get to work, please!

my favorite day of the year to eat!!
lol.png

black eyed peas with hog jowl, corn bread, mustard greens, fried cabbage, apples, cole slaw, fried fat back, and cherry pie for dessert!! YUM YUM!!

I am planning waffles and eggs for breakfast. The plan is to go icefishing which means roasting hotdogs over the fire. With any luck we will be having fresh walleye for dinner!

I am making a Southern Dinner.
Roast Pork
Blackeyed peas
Cole Slaw
Corn Pudding
Sweet potatoes
Cornbread
Applesauce

My Southern Belle Grama made it every year and I have continued the tradition.

Quote:
Getting an early start on your resolution?

We will be having sloppy Joan's, chipc & salsa. THen at midnight we will pop open a bottle of champagne from our wedding.

Back
Top Bottom