What are you cooking on New Year's Day?

Nothing big here. Just pasta salad, homemade bread, chips and dip, and chocolate bowl (m&m's, reese peanut butter cups, hershey kisses, etc...). Nothing big here, just enough sugar to help us last to see the ball drop in Time Square.
smile.png

I am making a large crock pot of Chilli. We'll have lots of topping options like: sour cream, black olives, grated cheese, chopped onions, etc. I will also have small mac shells if anyone is so inclined. Tortilla chips, corn bread, and grab a cold drink. Yum! Here in VT, the weather is going to be cold, snowy, and the dirt roads an overall mess. We are staying in, and enjoying the blessing of family. May you all have a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!
love.gif

I don't eat pork, but we'll have roast venison and homemade sauerkraut. Also black eyed pea casserole w/ onions, peppers, tomatoes, hot sauce, cheese. The rule is, for every black eyed pea you eat, you get a day of happiness and for all the sauerkraut you eat, that's how much sweetness you'll get the rest of the year.

Unfortunately there ain't a thing I can eat to get a day of sitting around doing nothing while Rob Lowe rubs my feet and tells me how beautiful I am...

A slightly early
HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL!
clap.gif
frow.gif

It's just the DH and me, But we have to have the traditional Hoppin' John, can't live here in the south without having it. And another southern requirement is collard greens, cooked with some smoked ham. To go with all that, I have a rack of babyback ribs that will go on the smoker tomorrow, with my special dry rub on them! Yum!

Black-eyed peas, Cabbage, Corn Bread cooked in a cast iron skillet and corn on the cobb. Chocolate pie and Cherry Jubilee for desert. The kids usually bring rice and broccoli, sweet yams, cookies and whatever the girls think to cook each year. Might not find a dollar bill in my pocket (spent it on chicken feed,
lol.png
) but when my kids come loaded with food, I know the Lord has truly blessed me with riches. My beautiful healthy children, grand-children, friends and a cornicopia of food to feed all of us. Main thing is, they all understand where food comes from, how it gets to the table and will pass their knowledge to their children and childrens children. Their love of God and family is truly a sight to behold. If you know a neighbor that has little, be sure and share this New Year day!

Back
Top Bottom