What are you doing for Halloween?

Here's my dog, Sienna. She dressed up like a spider for her puppy party and left her costume on the whole time!

Last edited:
It looks like everyone (even the pooch) enjoyed their Halloween!

Here's the group pictures! I think there were 13 dogs there. It was insane! Sienna did awesome, despite having not met about half of the dogs.

Now THAT'S a party!
lau.gif

I didn't take the kids to the gym after all - Jenny felt pretty good and thought she could handle it so off they went. She just had Katie run into the gym and find someone to get Kendra's wheelchair out of the car and lift Kendra into it. Then someone else helped with the reverse when it was time to go home. That says a lot about Cowley - kid runs into a big building and spots a familiar face, tells him what she needs, and it's done cheerfully. Yep, gotta love it.

We only have a little over 600 people in town, so we seldom fill that gym except for town wide celebrations when folks who have moved way come back and bring their families. That happens a couple of times a year - in July during Cowley Pioneer Days this town swells to unbelievable proportions. Then there's the Cowley Corn Cookout, and talent shows. The school kids use the gym for basketball and volleyball. There is also a running track, a cardio fitness center, different exercise programs like Zumba and Cross Fit, and up in the loft there is a weight room. Anyone can rent the gym for activities as well. For members it costs $50.00 to rent it, for non-members it's $100.00. It used to be that Church used it for conferences which brought in people from all over..two of my favorite pictures of the gym were taken in the 40s when it was packed to the gills.

Conference and formal dinner being held in the gym.

A little history. This sign was placed when the Academy and the gym were placed on the National Register.

This was why something had to be done. So, we did it. Two of the original sandstone foundation blocks are now in my yard. When we removed the floor and the joists were exposed, it was amazing to see decades of sparkles coming from the glitter and sequins of prom and wedding dresses. Funny side note....we had to get approval from the feds as well when we sought the grant. We had to preserve the historic value of the building, but then the ecology folks got involved. Since bats had taken up residence in the gym ((lots of bats!), before we could "evict" them we had to put up bat houses around town to make up for it.

Oops, I did it again. Sorry....got wayy off topic again. But I have to say that the highlights of my term on the town council were getting this restoration from start to finish, getting the new Splash Park on the south end of town, and drafting and passing Cowley's very first animal ordinance.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic, with apologies!

Finally got some pictures of my costume! I actually don't watch the walking dead or game of thrones, but I thought this idea was just too funny!

Last edited:
Now THAT'S a party!
lau.gif

I didn't take the kids to the gym after all - Jenny felt pretty good and thought she could handle it so off they went. She just had Katie run into the gym and find someone to get Kendra's wheelchair out of the car and lift Kendra into it. Then someone else helped with the reverse when it was time to go home. That says a lot about Cowley - kid runs into a big building and spots a familiar face, tells him what she needs, and it's done cheerfully. Yep, gotta love it.

We only have a little over 600 people in town, so we seldom fill that gym except for town wide celebrations when folks who have moved way come back and bring their families. That happens a couple of times a year - in July during Cowley Pioneer Days this town swells to unbelievable proportions. Then there's the Cowley Corn Cookout, and talent shows. The school kids use the gym for basketball and volleyball. There is also a running track, a cardio fitness center, different exercise programs like Zumba and Cross Fit, and up in the loft there is a weight room. Anyone can rent the gym for activities as well. For members it costs $50.00 to rent it, for non-members it's $100.00. It used to be that Church used it for conferences which brought in people from all over..two of my favorite pictures of the gym were taken in the 40s when it was packed to the gills.

Conference and formal dinner being held in the gym.

A little history. This sign was placed when the Academy and the gym were placed on the National Register.

This was why something had to be done. So, we did it. Two of the original sandstone foundation blocks are now in my yard. When we removed the floor and the joists were exposed, it was amazing to see decades of sparkles coming from the glitter and sequins of prom and wedding dresses. Funny side note....we had to get approval from the feds as well when we sought the grant. We had to preserve the historic value of the building, but then the ecology folks got involved. Since bats had taken up residence in the gym ((lots of bats!), before we could "evict" them we had to put up bat houses around town to make up for it.

Oops, I did it again. Sorry....got wayy off topic again. But I have to say that the highlights of my term on the town council were getting this restoration from start to finish, getting the new Splash Park on the south end of town, and drafting and passing Cowley's very first animal ordinance.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic, with apologies!

That place is awesome. Wyoming is awesome - well, most parts anyway.

That place is awesome. Wyoming is awesome - well, most parts anyway.

x2 (only I guess I haven't seen the parts that aren't).

@Blooie your town's gym is amazing, such history in old buildings. I love it when they are saved!

Back
Top Bottom