what are you knitting now?

I finished the girly-girl skirt/diaper cover and made adjustments to the pattern to fit my G-daughter. Just finished up knitting just the skirt portion from a cotton yarn. G'daughter loved it so much she didn't want to take it off! She sat next to me for almost an hour watching me knit it (she's only 18 mo an very active). The colors and feel of the yarn fascinated her.

Yup, she may be my youngest person to enable into the fiber arts!!

Love it!

My 8mos old is like having another cat around when I'm knitting. She wants to touch the yarn, and pull the yarn, and eat the yarn.
smile.png

The fiber bug totally escaped my DD, so if K is still interested in a few years, I'll be teaching her to knit, spin, crochet, weave.

DD is leaving her with me for a few weeks. I think I will start her off with dyeing some roving!

if i ever adopt a child i will teach her how to knit. its just so useful and if your bored it gives you something to do. its rewarding knowing you made something by your hands

I am working on a dishcloth to try out my new Kollage square needles.
I don't know if I like them or not. They seem easier on my hands, but the points are not as sharp as my Knit Picks needles.

The pattern is easy.

Cast on in multiples of 3 (I CO 39)

Then K1, YF, K2Tog repeat across, turn and just do the same thing til your cloth is square.

I've been working on scarves alot, all different colors. I'm working on Harry potter House color scarves, one for me, one for my brother, and one for my Aunt. I'm also making a nice dark, really soft pink scarf for this winter that I'm really excited to wear
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom