What are you making this christmas?!

ChickenWisperer

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
KY
Well... in between caring for the chooks, tending the new geckos, trying to take care of a pregger hedgehog, and dealing with family drama, I'll be making -

Potato Candy
Peanut butter balls
Coconut balls
Yeast Rolls (as always)
Gingerbread house
Sugar cookies (as always)
Cherries in the Snow
Pina Colada cake
Fantasy Fudge
Coconut Pie

Aaaaand maybe some peanut brittle.

So, what're you guys making this stressmass?
droolin.gif

Last edited:
We have a 4 hours drive before we reach our Christmas destination for this year.... so by the looks of things I'll get out of having to make anything!

I have made some blown egg decorations to take to the family.. that counts as making something! Right!?!
wink.png

I am also considering making some gingerbread men to come along for the journey... just so I have something edible to contribute!

Quote:
Of course it does! I've wanted to make some myself... just never got around to doing it. This year was taken up making chicken feather ornaments to go on next years "country tree"
tongue.png

arr i cant make anything...im useless
sad.png
all sounds really nice though.
and i love the idea of the christmas decs out of feathers. got to have a go at that
big_smile.png

we made "crack cookies" last weekend - peanut butter ritz sandwiches dipped in almond bark

we're not baking until this weekend though. chocolate chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter cookies, and cookie press cookies mmmm can't wait!

I'm making.

Coconut balls
Peanut Butter BonBon's
Turtle Cheesecake
Squash Pie
Stuffed Lobster
Dry aged Portorhouse steaks (can't wait for these MMMMM)
Clam and Oyster casio's
And what ever else the hubby feels like having.

Picking up a broasted chicken from the store. I haven't processed any of my own in a while and don't feel like cooking. So we will have to support the "big" producers for once
hide.gif

I'm making:

A Wookiee stocking for my bf
Butterfinger cookies for my dad (though the bf will likely steal some of those too)
Banana rum cake
Chocolate linder cookies
Mushroom black bean tortilla casserole (this will probably be Christmas eve dinner)
Christmas dinner: honey glazed ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, homemade dinner rolls

And whatever else gets requested. Might be banana pudding, might be chocolate delight, not sure just yet.

What am I making? An effort to get through the holidays!

Seriously, I bought all the ingredients to make our family's tradiational Christmas shortbread cookies that everyone I know has been asking for. Here it is less than a week before Christmas - no cookies, not even the tree up yet! We have a few decorations up outside, but most in boxes. It's just coming tooooo fast!

Back
Top Bottom