WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Well, I have to ask the neighbors, but if all goes well.....
lol.png

March 30th : 1x Speckled Sussex (Quintessence, "Quinn")
March 30th : 1x Easter Egger (Penguin, "Gwen")
April 6th : 2x Easter Eggers (Cadee & Cazoo)
April 6th : 1x Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (Blueberry)
April 6th : 1x Ancona (Cadence, "Cae")
April 27th : 1x Dark Brahma (Princess, "Cessa")
April 27th : 1x Rhode Island Red (Quack)

Needless to say, I'm very excited.

@KuroKitsune I love Barnevelders! Are they double laced? Those are just, lovely! I love the pattern, it's the reason I'm going for a Dark Brahma; they have feathers that make it look like they are made of loosely woven fraying silk.
@rockmissjess So exciting! Do you have any names picked?
they should be doubled laced...i'll know for sure once their here and start growing their feathers

My family and I are getting chickens for the first time. We wanted a variety so the kids would each know who's chicken is who's. That and so we can find out what eggs we like best. So we ordered the following from thepoultryhatchery.com :
1 blue laced red Wyandotte
1 columbian Wyandotte
1 buff Plymouth Rock
1 barred Plymouth Rock
1 speckled Sussex
1 ameraucana

Waiting on 50 Buff Orpingtons from Murray McMurray Hatchery. Should get them tomorrow. Can't wait it is our first go with chickens.

I am waiting for some embden goslings , some blue Swedish ducks for my son, some more pekins and jumbo pekins and last but not least 10 bourbon red turkey poults. Cant farm in Kentucky without some Kentucky birds. What I just got?? 20 Rhodebar eggs. 17 made it to the bator, 1 removed due to crack I noticed ( was fertile and even had a heartbeat after peeling the shell to check) and 2 more removed later (early quitter and the only non fertile). Think I might also wait on a Brinsea mini or Eco20.

Well, I have to ask the neighbors, but if all goes well.....
lol.png

March 30th : 1x Speckled Sussex (Quintessence, "Quinn")
March 30th : 1x Easter Egger (Penguin, "Gwen")
April 6th : 2x Easter Eggers (Cadee & Cazoo)
April 6th : 1x Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (Blueberry)
April 6th : 1x Ancona (Cadence, "Cae")
April 27th : 1x Dark Brahma (Princess, "Cessa")
April 27th : 1x Rhode Island Red (Quack)

Needless to say, I'm very excited.

@KuroKitsune I love Barnevelders! Are they double laced? Those are just, lovely! I love the pattern, it's the reason I'm going for a Dark Brahma; they have feathers that make it look like they are made of loosely woven fraying silk.
@rockmissjess So exciting! Do you have any names picked?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some ideas for names i just dont know which of them for the 5 chicks i want yet.. OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED :)

My Chicken Names

Henny Penny
Thelma & Louise
Mitzy
Ditzy
Charlotte
Tilly
Dolly
Autumn
Marshmallow
Boots
Butterscotch
Perdy
Izzy
Brandy
Dutchess
Cleopatra
Scarlet
Pecky
Posh, Sporty, Scary, Ginger, Baby

Last edited:
Waiting on 50 Buff Orpingtons from Murray McMurray Hatchery. Should get them tomorrow. Can't wait it is our first go with chickens.
congrats!!! me and you both!! be sure to post pictures here when u get them!! im going to take a video of me picking them up and everything... (my my family and friends and of course you guys cause there isnt alot on here about chickensforbackyards.com

I am waiting for some embden goslings , some blue Swedish ducks for my son, some more pekins and jumbo pekins and last but not least 10 bourbon red turkey poults. Cant farm in Kentucky without some Kentucky birds. What I just got?? 20 Rhodebar eggs. 17 made it to the bator, 1 removed due to crack I noticed ( was fertile and even had a heartbeat after peeling the shell to check) and 2 more removed later (early quitter and the only non fertile). Think I might also wait on a Brinsea mini or Eco20.
I thought about getting a bator... but they are pricey $$$ i did she one on sale at TSC a few weeks ago on sale for $40 i may get one the next time they are on sale.. wow you have quiet the collection dont ya? i think the baby ducks are the cutest thing i ever did see... too bad they grow up?

My family and I are getting chickens for the first time. We wanted a variety so the kids would each know who's chicken is who's. That and so we can find out what eggs we like best. So we ordered the following from thepoultryhatchery.com :
1 blue laced red Wyandotte
1 columbian Wyandotte
1 buff Plymouth Rock
1 barred Plymouth Rock
1 speckled Sussex
1 ameraucana

Whens the ship date?? and congrats there seems to be alot of us first timers... im sure you are going through what i have been nervous? anxious? excited? loosing your mind with excitment? kids going nutzo asking when the kids will be here? lol

Yes the kids are very excited and have already picked out names. We are picking them up April 11th as we are really close by. Have to wait to insure we get exactly what we ordered.
Kids named theirs Sadie, Ming-Ming, Lovey, and Hen Rooster.

Coming this week from Meyer's Hatchery, 4 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Rhode Island Red, 4 Barred Rocks, and 4 Easter eggers. We are very excited.

Back
Top Bottom