WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Ordered a new incubator this morning, soon as it arrives and gets tested, I'll be loading it up with Sultan, Silkie and Sultan X Silkie eggs in mid May. Yay!

if shes laying thin shelled or shellless eggs then try giving her some crushed egg shells ..I cant imagin what those things could be ..but like I said when I first seen them I thought they looked like ovaries..but if shes still laying maybe the crushed shells might help make them stronger shells..

Last edited:
if shes laying thin shelled or shellless eggs then try giving her some crushed egg shells ..I cant imagin what those things could be ..but like I said when I first seen them I thought they looked like ovaries..but if shes still laying maybe the crushed shells might help make them stronger shells..
Thank you. Yes she has a separate feeder with oyster shells available and some mixed in her crumbles also I do mix in the crushed egg shells when available.

They're here! My assortment of 11. All healthy and chirping, eating and drinking.
I was expecting them tomorrow morning (tracking said tomorrow afternoon), but I got a call while we were eating lunch from the sorting center, 1/2 and hour away. We didn't get to pick them up at the local PO, but this was so much better! They only had a little over a day of travel time.

Thank you. Yes she has a separate feeder with oyster shells available and some mixed in her crumbles also I do mix in the crushed egg shells when available.
You might also try hard-boiling her an egg, then when cooled crush it up, shell and all...she should devour it...they love that stuff!!

My ship date is tomorrow! Getting very excited, but feel like I am running out of time to prepare as well!

ME TOO! But my brooder is ready. Don't know if I am ready ... but my brooder is getting there. Just have to regulate the temp some and I am good to go.

My ship date is tomorrow! Getting very excited, but feel like I am running out of time to prepare as well!

Jeeze, I hear ya! Mine don't ship till the last week of May and the weather is preventing me from working on the coops I've started!
barnie.gif
I know they won't "need" them until the end of June or early July, but time flies past so fast when you want it to go slow. I need to have the coops and runs finished quickly if for no other reason than to keep me calm that things are ready for them
thumbsup.gif
I don't want semi-adult birds crammed into a brooder in my back room or garage with insufficient room to be comfortable. Hope fully the weather will mellow out before this coming weekend so I can rock and roll!

Jeeze, I hear ya! Mine don't ship till the last week of May and the weather is preventing me from working on the coops I've started! :barnie I know they won't "need" them until the end of June or early July, but time flies past so fast when you want it to go slow. I need to have the coops and runs finished quickly if for no other reason than to keep me calm that things are ready for them:thumbsup   I don't want semi-adult birds crammed into a brooder in my back room or garage with insufficient room to be comfortable.  Hope fully the weather will mellow out before this coming weekend so I can rock and roll!
I agree!!!! Weather has not been cooperating here either.

Back
Top Bottom