WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

I just couldn't wait till May to get my babies so I picked up four in the farm store yesterday! This will bring me up to 19 pullets, 3 ducks, and 3 turkeys. Plus the 3 hens we already have! Can't wait for the new babies!

This is our first time having chickens, so needless to say we are super excited! We are getting 1 double laced Barnevelder, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 1 Barred Plymouth Rock. They won't be ready until April 7th and everyday my 6yr old daughter insists on counting it down! I think she is even more excited than the rest of us because she has been carrying around plastic eggs in a basket, calling them her babies and protecting them. LOL

This is our first time having chickens, so needless to say we are super excited! We are getting 1 double laced Barnevelder, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 1 Barred Plymouth Rock. They won't be ready until April 7th and everyday my 6yr old daughter insists on counting it down! I think she is even more excited than the rest of us because she has been carrying around plastic eggs in a basket, calling them her babies and protecting them. LOL
That's so cute! I started off with five last year and now I'm adding 19 chicks this year! Just wait till chicken math kicks in. I had a Barred Plymouth Rock last year and she was my sweetest hen

Will do... my husband was cute because of it.. he put some oats in his hand and singled her out so she could get hers lol :) made sure the others couldnt have any... justice served by my husband lol (this is a man who thinks im a dork for getting them to begin with!)
LOL! I LOVE IT! Girl! My husband was all "Chickens are gross and nasty. Who would want chickens??" Yesterday, he just sneaked out to the garage, said he was checking the "temp". Looked out and there he was cuddling two chicks, and talking to them! LMBO!! I was like "OH!!! Chickens are gross, huh?" hahahahaha I think the chicks are really bringing out the big softy in him! LOL

My 5 and 3 year old sons are calling their marbles "chicks".

LOL! I LOVE IT! Girl! My husband was all "Chickens are gross and nasty. Who would want chickens??" Yesterday, he just sneaked out to the garage, said he was checking the "temp". Looked out and there he was cuddling two chicks, and talking to them! LMBO!! I was like "OH!!! Chickens are gross, huh?" hahahahaha I think the chicks are really bringing out the big softy in him! LOL
RIGHT?! we went to the feed store today to pick up another infared heat bulb and hes like lets get some chicks.. but they wouldnt let me pick them up to see if i could sex them... so we left with none.. other wise we would of brought home 2.. lol he wants to get some to EAT.. :( but i think he would like some of his own lol

Hello! Looking for a 4H project for an 11 year old girl

The fair is at the end of August. I'd like a pullet if any are available
We live in Northeast Ohio

Thank you!
~C

DOH! Just got the new chicks on wens.. and today went to this ladies house and picked up 2 blue wyandotte chicks and 1 Cuckoo Maran... lol im bad..

lau.gif

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! You definitely need to set up a camera!!! My husband is the same. He only wanted the eggs, that's it. Then I brought Lindsay in for an epsom salt bum wash and some bum cream TLC, and he grabbled the oats outa the cupboard before her feet hit the floor. Then he started playing with her.

But of course he had to play cool with the whole *chicken emotion* thing after ....

"Here chikiechickiechickie ... "

Lindsay was not impressed! I had to console her while she dried her butt feathers by the fireplace
. "om gaaawwwwWWWWWD ... he tried to mmmuuuurrrrrrrrdeeerrrrrRRRME!"

Poor hen!

Back
Top Bottom