WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Well, chicken math has set in for our household already. We are currently loving on our first 10 chicks (I posted above). We ordered from My Pet Chicken and had a few losses. Today I saw a White Sultan come back into stock which led to a second order of 4 chicks for me and 4 that I BEGGED my neighbor to order so we didn't end up with 8.

We are now waiting on:
1 White Sultan
1 Buff Laced Polish
1 Mille Fleur D'Uccle bantam
1 random bantam, and I am really hoping we get another Silkie, but we will be happy with whatever comes.

14 is more than enough so we are stopping there!

I have a question. This next lot isn't to ship until April 7th. Our current group will be 5 weeks old and likely heading out to the coop at that time. We have to separate them anyway due to health reasons right? Is it a good idea to attempt to integrate them somehow? Will it matter that the 4 are a bit younger than the main 10 when they enter the coop? We have a lot of smaller birds and bantums in the first group and our bigger birds are all mellower breeds, so I'm hoping the bantums will fit in well in general in the long run.

:bow God answered My Prayers! The Snow Storm missed Us and The Post Office called @8:15 this Morning. They had  My Chicks . When I got in the Post Office I could Hear Chicks. I was thinking "Boy They got a lot of Chicks  today "...wrong just Mine . I was afraid to open the box where it took that long ,but not one was dead :celebrate . As soon as I got home I got them out and gave them a drink I counted as I did this . I ordered 25 +1 free=26   here is some chicken math I counted 30. I even recounted 30 it is.  I already had 4 little Leghorns and 2 Silkies.  New Total 36:weee :weee Everyone is Happy even this old Hen:ya

Hooray MUM and im gladlall that patience and prayer paid off! Welcome to the chaos!

Today's my DAYYY!!!
wee.gif

I'll upload pics of my flock this evening.

Any *must haves* for the first few days ... ?

Today's my DAYYY!!!
wee.gif

I'll upload pics of my flock this evening.

Any *must haves* for the first few days ... ?
Electrolytes, probiotics, and apple cider! <----- The electrolytes are good to help any that may be very weak, and apple cider is good to add to water if you have any pasty bums, oats is good for this is and so is scrambled eggs! Can't wait to see your babies!!!
celebrate.gif

bow.gif
God answered My Prayers! The Snow Storm missed Us and The Post Office called @8:15 this Morning. They had My Chicks . When I got in the Post Office I could Hear Chicks. I was thinking "Boy They got a lot of Chicks today "...wrong just Mine . I was afraid to open the box where it took that long ,but not one was dead
celebrate.gif
. As soon as I got home I got them out and gave them a drink I counted as I did this . I ordered 25 +1 free=26 here is some chicken math I counted 30. I even recounted 30 it is. I already had 4 little Leghorns and 2 Silkies. New Total 36
wee.gif
wee.gif
Everyone is Happy even this old Hen
ya.gif
Awesome! So glad everything turned out so well!
thumbsup.gif

I think I may be in trouble. I was so sure that I wouldn't be one of THOSE people
wink.png
, adding onto my perfect order. But here I am, this morning, adding 2 Welsummers to my order because they became available, and I had been periodically checking for them. Oops.
roll.png

Our 9 is now 11. Chicken math problems.

Last edited:
Yep that's the way it works! That's why I have 2 orders in. But as they grow I will be selling some to good chicken homes! I have room but I think all that I ordered would make it more crowded than I like. Since I don't like to be confined either!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom