what are you?

ME? Hah. um lets see - Good bit of Irish from mom's side, good bit of Cherokee from dad's side...Then theres Russian on one side, German and Italian on the other...not sure what else
tongue.png
I too am a very mixed up melting pot.

A Good Ol' American Mutt

Some Native American (Choctaw & Cherokee), some Dutch, some German, some Irish... no clue what all else might be in there.

DH's mom was from MS, though she rarely admits it... no telling what all's in her lines. But his Dad's parents' parents immigrated from Wales, so he's 100% Welsh from that side.

100% AMERICAN!
Fathers ancestors are from England (emmigrated aprox 1880)
Mothers side is Welsh (emmigrated about the same time)
Both sides were some of the original pioneer settlers of Utah that traveled across the country by handcart.

American, born in Spain and holder of a dual citizenship til I was 18, of Mexican maternal heritage and Southern paternal heritage. Looking for roast pork and fixings with tortillas and refried beans on the side? I am your woman!
lol.png

Dad's family is German (from Canada). Off the boat pretty much.
Mom is Scandinavian - Swedish and Norwegian. A generation or two off the boat.
I consider myself all-American with fantastic engineering.
lol.png

Dad's side Welsh , mom's side German

Interesting side note, when they were tracing their roots alot of my moms family records were destroyed in Dresden in Germany due to a huge bombing raid by the USA and the UK in WWII. My dad was in the Air Force in WWII and you guessed it took part in that bombing raid.

Steve

American mutt:
My for sure heritage, from people I can actually trace, is Welsh, Norwegian, Danish, and German
One great-grandfather was from Australia, he was an only child and an only emigrant...so I guessing criminal English from that side.
My mom's dad was probably Anglo-Saxon of some type, maybe with a smidge of French thrown in, based on some of the names.
Parts of my family have been in the country from the 1760's so its anybodies guess what some of the descent is.

If anyone is related to the large Branstetter heritage from Missouri, you're a long lost relative.

Dh is a product of Minnesota mixed marriage, which means Swedish, Norwegian and German.

My kids are mostly German, then mostly Norwegian, followed by mixed Scandinavian, then Anglo-Saxon. By rights we should all be blue-eyed blonds, but only the number one son fits that description.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom