what are you?

Mom's family-Cherokee and Irish
Dad's family-Scottish, English and Welsh

DHs family-French/French Canadian/Cajun-fiery tempered bunch of people that can cook!
lol.png

I know my great-great-great grandparents on my dad's side came over on a boat from France. Their last name was Chevreuil (I am sure that is misspelled) and that the name means "roe deer." Don't know anything about my mom's side. She has dark hair and eyes and used to tan like the dickens when she was younger. Many years ago (in the 1980s) when my dad was working in China, some of the Chinese saw my mom's picture and got all excited because they thought he was an American married to a Chinese woman
lol.png
To them she looked Chinese.

Several years ago I was working as a manager at Petsmart. I was working a register and these two elderly ladies came through my line. Suddenly one of them reached over and stroked one side of my face very gently and said in French-accented English, "You look French." I was taken aback, to say the least, particularly since I know that is one part of my heritage. It was one of the neatest and weirdest things that has ever happened to me. I have no idea what makes me "look French."
idunno.gif

I was just thinking about my dads side of the family, they were always very pro British. She used to tell people "that one" refering to me is a "Johnny Bull". I asked years later and found out she was telling people I was an Englishman.
smile.png

Steve

I am 1/2 Native American and 1/2 Irish. My paternal grandfather was full choctaw indian and my paternal grandmother was full Irish. My maternal grandmother was full Blackfoot indian and my maternal grandfather was full Irish.

I took after the Irish side with pale skin and blue eyes. LOL! I would have loved to have had my moms olive skin....

German/Scott married to a Polish/Hungarian. We got a whole lot of stubborn going on here. Wife's parents and my parents were first generation born in this country.

My DH and I have ancestors from all over the planet. (And maybe a few off-planet!
lau.gif
)

But we are 100% Americans.

100% German , my people settled in west central Ohio in the 1830's - 1840's. Still pretty much all German names there today. My dad (77) did not learn English till he went to school, still talks German when he get's with any other old timers.

Back
Top Bottom