What are your chickens' favourite treats?

Their favorites are grapes and frozen corn (I just zap a handful in the microwave). They like bok choy, kale, cabbage, etc, but they won't eat purple kale or cabbage!

Carol

Without a doubt, meat (of ANY kind) is number one on their hit parade. #2 favorites would be Romaine lettuce, yogurt, tomatoes, quick oats (raw or cooked), cooked eggs, cabbage, scratch, black oil sunflower seeds, bread, raw cranberries (which my dog also loves!), cooked cauliflower or broccoli, raisin bran cereal, cooked potatoes, cooked peas and carrots, and bananas. The girls probably eat better than I do....

fox poo...
hmm.png
i don't give them fox poo but when the fox does a poo in the mud they will dig it up and eat it unless i throw in the back back of the garden before they get a chance to even see it.
they like meal worms and babybel.

For me, the question is: what is NOT a treat for chickens? Mine will eat anything except for worms. My compost pile does not grow like it used to......

Mine are quite fussy actually. They won't eat anything except it's chopped up very fine, though the bantams will eat big leaves
big_smile.png

mine love grass over anything.now it's iceberg lettuce,until spring.and dried mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom