What are your chickens top 5 treats?

Depends on the chickens but #1 for both groups would be yogurt, i think they'd kill you to get their beaks on it lol Otherwise, sorta depends, my big girls are neutral on most stuff but adore watermelon, the fluffy chickens(yep, the silkies) love pumpkins and tomatoes, cucumber etc..

My big girls free range so are not as enticed anymore by my offerings, they prefer to find their own stuff, whereas the silks are penned so i think that makes them more interested in foods we offer as extras.

1. Dried Mealworms
2. Maggots
3. Melon (I don't think they prefer a particular type of melon)
4. Sunflower hearts
5. Corn

I also find some hens LOVE mashed swede and some aren't fussed about it, same with cooked carrots. But I think the ones above are the treats all the girls enjoy :)

My chickens go crazy over these:

1. Rice
2. Bread
3. Zucchini- I throw it in there whole and they go nuts! Great use for all those extra zucchinis I grew this year! 
4. dried meal worms
5. broken up hard boiled eggs!

What do your chickens  love? 
Pumpkin purée cilantro corn feed. And this block block

Chicken scratch
Spaghetti
Rice
Uncooked oatmeal
Pumpkin (I was carving a pumpkin last night for Halloween and throwing the innards to the chickens - they went crazy for it)

bread is top of the list
watermelon is close to the top slot when it's hot
scratch grain is highly sought after, all they have to do is hear the trash can lid coming off and they all start carrying on
real worms and bugs
cooked spaghetti noodles

if you got the bread loaf in the bag they will follow you anywhere.
Steve.

1- Anything small and round (Grapes, Cherry tomatoes, Strawberries, etc.)
2- A "Flock Loaf" I make.
3- Meal Worms
4- Corn on the Cob
5- Watermelon

Mine go gaga over a wet version of their normal feed lol. I try to expand out with healthy treats and they just look at me funny lol. Thanks for the tips though! :)

Back
Top Bottom