What are your Chickies names?! ALSO,what IS this LIGHT YELLOW ONE?!!

4CiTyCHicHENs

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
MO
I just got 5 chickies & am having trouble naming them!!!

47437_img00083.jpg

Im thinking ameraucana... about a week or 2 old shes the biggest, is it just me or does she look like a roo? they said shes a pullet.....

47437_img00090.jpg

Far left, yelloow with brown/black mohawk silver laced wyandotte. farthest from food, black, Barred Rock. Middle, RIR. Front Left, I HAVE NO IDEA!! My receipt says New Hampsire Red, but shes Light YELLOW!!!! Farthest right, ameraucana from above---see size diff! no way shes a few days older than the rest!

47437_img00080.jpg

What are your chickies named??!!?!?

Last edited:
we have a Fluffy, Meg, Louis, Big Blue, Percilla, Sunny, Lilly, Keoko, Toshi, Sushi, Camillia, Sally, Elma, Mable, Voodoo, Santeria, and a Wigi.
does the little light one have puffy cheeks??

Five week old FCB Maran chicks:

47116_dsc00550.jpg

Steve McQueen- He's always escaping!
Rush: She pipped a day early and hatched 6 hours later.

Three 1/2 week old Silkies:

47116_dsc00580.jpg

Squirrel (black) : She's very chatty.
Moose: Seemed appropriate to above.

Weekish old Easter Eggers:

47116_dsc00571.jpg

Mouse: Looks like a mouse zipping around the brooder.
Slug: Little fatty.
gig.gif

Aztec: Head markings look tribal.
Topaz: Pale buff color

and unnamed (so far) Barred Rock I picked up a couple days ago:

47116_dsc00560.jpg

Um, the black one is your silver laced wyandotte. I don't know what the yellow one or the chipmunky ones are...but you don't have a barred rock there anywhere...

We use mostly flower/ plant names.

Poppy
Heather
Violet
Laurel
Rosie
Blossom
Saffron
Jade
Buttercup
Magnolia
Thistle
Rowan
etc...
Also, some weather related names...
Thunder and Lightening (roosters)
Sunny
Stormy

We used southern-ish names, with the exception of Lena. DH is from North Dakota and his mom's side of the family is Norweigan. So, that's the story on her name. Our southern girls are Pearl and Ida Claire.
lol.png

Our chicks are Nellie, Carrot, Little Alice, Tweety, Felicity, Daisy, Maisy (they look like twins), Wendy, Betsy, Charlotte, and Missy. My kids named them all.

We're pretty sure Betsy, Charlotte, and Missy are boys though.
tongue.png

White Silkies: Pappa Poofty, Mamma Poofty, Phyllis, Pearl & Cotton. Partridge Silkie is Honey; Buff Silkie is Peaches; 2 Blue Silkie hens are Latoya and Victoria; black Silkie hen is Sheba; strange colored Silkie roo is Dawn. I have two Silkie biddies--Penguin and Blessing. Theres 24 two month old Silkies who have no names (because I'll be selling them).

My non-Silkies are Esther, Frock, Pretty Girl, Speckles, and Toffee.

Naming them is half the fun!!

Back
Top Bottom