What are your favorite two chickens out of these breeds?

What are your favorite two out of these breeds?Please help!

• Speckled Sussex

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Cuckoo Marans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welsummers

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • New Hampshire Reds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhode Island Reds

• White Leghorns

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Silkies

• Total voters
Well the choice depends on what you want the chickens for. I have only owned Silkies out of the breeds you have listed there, and they are one of my favourite breeds, they are fun and so cute and docile. I wouldn't want a flock without Silkies in it! But if it's eggs you're after, they are not going to excel in that area. If it's layers you want, then out of your list above I would choose white Leghorns - they are useful and I think they are very pretty birds.

I'd choose silkies for beauty and uniquely and broodyness.... for eggs I'd take rhode island red or white leghorns.... pretty birds and super layers.... the other breeds an addition for me for fun...

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thank you everyone for your help!!!
smile.png

Do you want pets, pretty birds, chickens that lay eggs, or chickens for eggs and meat? Do you want chickens that forage well for food? You have to say what you want before recommendations can be made.

Do you want pets, pretty birds, chickens that lay eggs, or chickens for eggs and meat? Do you want chickens that forage well for food? You have to say what you want before recommendations can be made.

I would like one fancy/ pet and another that is for eggs and will forage for food
smile.png

I would like one fancy/ pet and another that is for eggs and will forage for food
smile.png

OK, now we are getting somewhere.

For the chicken that lays eggs well and forages well, I would say a Leghorn if you want white eggs or a Rhode Island Red if you want brown eggs.

For a fancy/pet, I would say a Silkie may be what you are looking for.

OK, now we are getting somewhere.

For the chicken that lays eggs well and forages well, I would say a Leghorn if you want white eggs or a Rhode Island Red if you want brown eggs.

For a fancy/pet, I would say a Silkie may be what you are looking for.

Thankyou:) Are leghorns flighty or loud?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom