What are your favourite breeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to know. We've always had Buff Orpingtons in my family. The hens are pretty evil but the roosters are really docile. What are your favourite breeds?
i have a white leghorn hen who is super sweet. i also like barred rock hens and rooster, they are really friendly too. all the kinds have great egg production too

Well they're very good looking haha. And since she was my first hen I have an attachment to that breed. She was a bit skittish but very sweet.

Aww. How's the chick doing now?

I also prefer the roosters to the hens, normally. The hens can be so evil. Roosters are just so sweet. Both of mine will come and sit on my lap, although one is ill at the moment.

Fair enough. I like silkies because they're good hatchers. And they're just plain cute. But then Light Sussex are pretty good too.
So now I realize I actually don't know many chicken breeds :lol::hmm
We had a Maran. She was a very scary bird. The only hen in our flock that was ever dominant over the roosters. She was nice though.
I've always wanted one of the chickens with the cool hairstyle thing :lol:
Hairstyle thing .... I have a way with words.

Polish are really cute! Can anyone suggest a breed with docile roosters? The buff orp roos are pretty docile, but they're the only type I've ever had, besides two buff orp/ JG crosses.

Great photos. The speckled Sussex looks so cool! We have mainly buff orpington in our little family. No cool patterns! But they're lovely all the same. The roosters, anyway 😂 the girls are just pure evil. Here's my girl Rooster (I know, I know)
IMG_20200407_104646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom