What are your favourite CHRISTMAS SONGS?

i still love
smile.png
bing crosby xmas songs. johnny mathis is awesome. saw him in concert a few years back. it was awesome! sounded the same. good for his age!
smile.png

btw: didnt say which songs, mostly by these 2 artists!!.......okay......rudolph the red nose reindeer!!!!!!!!
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm in a community choir and we are singing an arrangement of "The Little Drummer Boy" that is so lush and beautiful it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Eight part harmony!

I thought of another favorite of mine: "The Gift", sung by Aselin Debison, (
). I think it was written by one of the male country/western stars, maybe Garth Brooks. It's a beautiful song, a little schmaltzy, but 'tis the season, after all.

michickenwrangler, you and I have much the same taste in Christmas music apparently. I love the stuff from medieval and baroque era England and Scotland.

Jingle bells jingle bells
Rain and snow and sleet
Oh, what fun it is to see
Your friends with frozen feet

big_smile.png

How about Da Yoopers "Rusty Chevrolet" to the tune of Jingle Bells

Rust and snow
The heater's broke
The door just blew away
Light a match
To see the dash
Then I start to pray

Rust and snow
The heater's broke
The radio's still OK
O what fun
It is to ride
In a rusty chevrolet!

Ooh, I know a few good ones with alternative lyrics! I don't want to hijack this thread though, so I think I'll make another one just for these.
smile.png

Back to our usually scheduled thread...
smile.png

Here's another favorite. "Christmas Time Is Here" - Peanuts

And my current LEAST favorite is "In the Bleak Midwinter". I've heard so many groups (including professional ones) sing it so slowly that I now fall asleep during the first verse.

Quote:
I would like this one better if they didn't play it 12 times a day on the radio

Ah, you see, I don't listen to broadcast radio much. I hear it occasionally in stores or if traveling (even then, I usually take an audio book).

However, even when I did hear broadcast radio a lot, I never tired of that song.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom