What are your favourite CHRISTMAS SONGS?

gig.gif
Yep... Miss Piggy is great!!

Quote:
Wow. Me too - exactly!

But I do have a special fondness for "O Little Town of Bethlehem," because my mother loved it, and sang it... She couldn't carry a tune if she had a tin bucket in which to carry it, but I loved hearing her sing it.

She died when I was 13.

Quote:
Wow. Me too - exactly!

But I do have a special fondness for "O Little Town of Bethlehem," because my mother loved it, and sang it... She couldn't carry a tune if she had a tin bucket in which to carry it, but I loved hearing her sing it.

She died when I was 13.

Great minds think alike
wink.png

Sorry to hear about your mother
hugs.gif

Have you ever heard Bob Rivers' Comedy Troupe's "O Little Town of Bethlehem"? While it's on a comedy album (I Am Santa Claus), it's the one song on there they take halfway seriously. They sing it to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals and that arrangement actually works quite nicely and it is actually quite out of place on the otherwise irreverent (but hilarious) Christmas comedy album.

I have every one of Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas albums/CDs. When I'm feeling less than reverent about the season, I listen to his work.

My absolute favorite is "The Chimney Song." There's something just so precious about it.

Quote:
My daughter loves that one too.

My favorite is probably the "What's it To Ya" chorus. Love the traditional baroque arrangement on it. Also enjoy "Didn't I Get This Last Year" and "Wreck the Malls" and "Osama Got Run Over By a Reindeer" as well as the irritated guy putting up the lights on the 12 Pains of Christmas. It sounds a lot like my husband when he does it
big_smile.png
"Now why the _____ are they blinking?!"

The hard rock hits are also great
FYI for those that are curious
"Not So Silent Night" Ozzy-esque version
"Jingle H--ls Bells" an AC/DC take on "Favorite Things"
"I Am Santa Claus" parody of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"
"Sled Zeppelin" of Led Zeppelin's "Jamaiker" (sp?)
"Aqua-claus" parody of Jethro Tull's Aqualung
"Wreck the Malls" 80's punk version of Deck the Halls

plus more

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom