What are your other hobbies?

I sew,crochet ,quilt and embroidery when I find the time besides my chickens.I also put together puzzles.I am in a quilt block a month at a local quilt shop and have been doing this for 3 years,its something I do with my mom.I have been trying to get my girls(human babies) into this as well.I got my oldest into embroidery right now.I come from a long line of quilters.

I retired last year and I am having the best time of my life...doing or not doing whatever I want to do. I always wanted to learn to oil paint so I took lessons...about three...then discovered I could not stand to be somewhere at a certain time anymore.
lol.png
Now I teach myself to oil paint when I am in the mood, have a few small gardens, veggies and herbs, raise chickens, guineas, ducks, and Shih-Tzus. I love to read, crochet, cooking is a big thing with me, love to walk in the woods but the ticks catch rides on me till I am "full up"! I do a lot of amateur photography and joined an art guild. I feel like I am searching for a new career and don't know it yet.
hmm.png

Don't any of you apologize for reading or mentioning the bible. Stand up for your beliefs what ever they may be. You can do that and not offend anyone at the same time.

Last edited:
I love to cook...especially breakfast foods!! I love doing 18th century reenactments, but havent been able to do that lately. But when I did it, it was alot of live stock, out door cooking, and LOTS of sewing, and every now and then giving a tour. I love to work on cars, mechanical stuff and body work. Taking care of animals is one of my main passions in life. I love to pick and harass my chow chow puppy. Also I am into computers/gaming. Like some of you I love camping, as long as it has a working toilet I will be happy. I love to grow flowers and I think the peony is the most beautiful flower ever!

Dont have much spare time what with a mother that has alzheimer's disease, 2 teens and a wife. But i like to keep busy as much as i can with, Genealogy/ Fam history, Veggie Gardening, Geocaching (when time permits), exploring old ghost towns, camping (when time permits), sports, building things, and some others but its been a while. Oh, and im also the outdoor Coordinator for my sons Boy scout troop but may have to give that up soon.
sad.png

Forrest

I used to do all kinds of things but arthritis in my wrist where I broke it badly have put an end to crocheting. I taught myself to quilt a few years back. Here are some of mine.

http://www.geocities.com/wolfwindspirit/QUILT.html

I'm hoping to one day start making money off of them. But then I guess that would take the fun out of it. I have one room that is just floor to ceiling fabric (won't tell you how much more is in the closet!!)

I also love kayaking and backpacking. Which I don't get to do as often as I would like

Last edited:
thanks for reminding me Thunderstruck...I do a bit of geocaching myself. Haven't done any this year though and only a couple times last year. Can't get my DH into it much and don't want to do it w/out him.
smile.png

Quote:
Really? very cool! yeah i hear ya about the spouse not quite being into it, my wife isnt too crazy for it either. she will go but its not really her thing. which is alright too because she can stay with my mother and just let me and the kids go. I havent been this yr either, but do have over 100 finds in 2 yrs i think.

Forrest

Back
Top Bottom