What are your Plans for Next Year?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CluckyJay, Nov 30, 2011.

1. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Mine are;

Lots of composting
    Enlarging the BSF, mealworm and red wiggler operation
    Fencing the field
    Planting herbal hedgerows
    and growing a huge livestock and people garden

I also wanna build an aviary and greenhouse. I have the stone and glass, so we just have to get the wire and wood!

There's more but only so much time in a year! LOL [​IMG]

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Wow! I'm impressed that you are planning ahead to next year. (I'm still trying to finish this year's plans) [​IMG] That said, . . . I want to build raised beds for a garden! What kind of herbal hedgerows are you going to plant?

3. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    These were my plans for this year, LOL. I get so behind they usually roll over to the next, hehehehe.

I am gonna do pomegranates, wild roses and something else as a base. Then I am planning some herbs to grow with them. Not sure if we'll get fruits, but the pomegranate tree is supposed to be pretty beneficial. The hedgerows are for the livestock. It'll be a few years before they are ready to let the animals browse on.

Raised beds are awesome. Maybe some chicken tractors on them and then remove the chickens for planting. Hmmmm.

4. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I want to plant some paw paw trees
    bigger compost bin
    landscape the front flower bed to look like it is meant to be a flowerbed
    paint the kitchen cabinets

Hope I get it done!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Set up a goldfish pond similar to the one I had at the house I rented. Now that I bought a house, I wanna duplicate some things.

Plan a garden safe from the poultry, those destroyers of plants.

Retire in the Fall. That's probably when I will be able to tackle projects!

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I want to plant a vegetable garden [​IMG] I want to add on to my coop and add windows.

If I think of more I will add it [​IMG]

7. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I am planning to use my chicken/egg money to pay off a couple of credit cards. [​IMG]
    I always do a large vegetable garden, but I want to try to keep after the weeds better next year. [​IMG]

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Write.
    Get Published.
    Get a part time job?

9. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Quote:You need to set up a HubPage account. www.hubpages.com

I am making money every month through mine! It is so much fun writing there. You can write whatever you want and if you opt in to their ad program, you might make some money. I think there is a link in my profile, the My Writing link.

Were hoping that the deep litter method I am using with the goats and chickens will be a great compost addition to my pile, next year. So far it is going well, I see active red wigglers throughout the area!

I set up a simple drip system to feed the wigglers so I can keep checking them easily. SO MUCH FUN. I love FREE organic fertilizer!!!!!

I had such great egg dreams. Until my flock was wiped out to THREE hens! Arghhhhhh! Next year we are gonna buy chickens from BYC and if the lady still wants to sell me some, some Muscovy duck eggs, too!

Winter is just now here and I want spring so badly. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Hides her goldfish pond from gryeyes. It is a shameful mess this year! LOL

I wish hubby could retire. Imagine the slave labor a wife can get out of a retired man!

Were good on windows to the coop, thank God. I need to add more to the coops though. They need good perches badly. I have to do that this week though. That and finish wrapping the side in plastic. Good weather this week so that'll help out!

10. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I would like to buy some roll-out nest boxes for the chicken stalls, try to get it a little more organized and neat looking

Get some Frelonic mats put down in their stalls.

Build a Silkie pen, so they can have access to grass (it's driving me crazy that they are so confined).

Set up an area for turkeys, which I want to get serious about, raising a heritage breed and hopefully making some profit from them LOL!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by