What are your rooster's names?

I have 4 that I know of so far: Schmoe (My hubby's nickname. I told him we'd name our first rooster after him), Jerry (after my f-i-l, since I have a hen named Rosemary after my m-i-l), Zeus and Marty. As for what kind they are I do not know, I bought them from a local farmer.

I have an EE roo named Zuko (Travolta's character in Grease...Danny Zuko! I also named the hen that came with him Sandy.)
My OEGB roo is Festus (Gunsmoke)
An RIR roo I call Rogue (Just wandered into my yard one day and kinda stayed. Got no clue where he came from, either!)
hu.gif

I just sold a HUGE Barred Rock I called Worthless (Remember Dirty Sally from Gunsmoke? Worthless was her mule's name)
I have a 16 week old Black Giant roo I've been trying out names with. Goliath might be the sticker.

Abraham (Abe) as he is the father of our flock. This year's cockerels will be Ishmael and Isaac........ Everybody else will be named "And Dumplings", Kung Pow", Fried, baked, enchilada, fajita, etc, etc.

This is Adah, my EE roo. I thought he was a girl, and I could never bear to change his name. He is the sweetest, kindest rooster, and he is fabulous with young chickens and makes sure his hens get the best eats. LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

Adah and one of his hens Zillah (Speckled Sussex)

Adah came over to check out what I was doing.

This is Adah, my EE roo. I thought he was a girl, and I could never bear to change his name. He is the sweetest, kindest rooster, and he is fabulous with young chickens and makes sure his hens get the best eats. LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

Adah and one of his hens Zillah (Speckled Sussex)

Adah came over to check out what I was doing.

I love that you kept his name! He's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom