What automatic chicken coop door should I buy?

The Ador1 arrived late yesterday, and I installed it just about an hour ago. I ordered it directly from the AdorStore. It was cheaper than other sites even with shipping. It arrived within a few days and was packaged well. Everything is assemvled; I just needed a 6V lantern battery.

20200319_134321.jpg

It took more time for me to gather tools than it did to install it! I was done in under 15 minutes. I installed in my temporary coop - it's a temporary fix until I can get moved to our new house and set up our super duper dream coop. I used construction adhesive and wood trim to get everything secure. It would have installed just fine without it, but it seemed kinda flimsy because of the vinyl. The Ador1 is very sturdy! The door closes into a metal frame and is held shut by the motor. Doesn't seem easily accessible for predators.

20200320_131041.jpg

I had a bit of trouble programming it, tbh, but that's because I'm impatient. My hubby got it programmed very quickly by following the directions. The manufacturer also provides a number if you need help. And I've since found internet resources that could be used to help with that. It is light sensing. It opens in the morning. I have it set to stay open 20 minutes after dusk because my Cochin likes to be the last one in.

I tried it out to see what it would do if there was a chicken under the door when it closed. The door stopped and reversed. The instructions say it's best to close it manually if you have small birds or chicks. Manual operation involves pushing a button.

So far, I'm pleased! I should have no problem removing it from this temp coop and using it in the new coop.

Let us know what you go with!

I got this one and absolutely love it! What I like the most is that it won’t close on the chickens since it has a sensor that would back up if something is on the way and try again a few minutes later.

Attachments

• 63F97D69-2271-4D76-9FF5-ADE3B8B0A30D.png
    63F97D69-2271-4D76-9FF5-ADE3B8B0A30D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Are they actually good? And how do i know which one I should get? If anyone has tips of comments for me that will be much appreciated.
When you put your roosts in a place where it's safe and unattainable if they want to hang out for the night, you'll be fine. When they live in the coop they're going to be perfect. You just have to make sure you've got hardware protection everywhere they'd roost

Ador1 has been great! I have reprogrammed it a couple of times now - really easy process - and it now opens a little after sunrise and stays open a bit after sunset (I have a couple of birds who like to stay out a bit later). Highly recommend!

Staying tuned on this.. if anyone has any good, reasonably priced automatic doors that do not require an outlet (I don’t have power to my coop) please let me know. 🐥

Staying tuned on this.. if anyone has any good, reasonably priced automatic doors that do not require an outlet (I don’t have power to my coop) please let me know. 🐥
The Ador1 uses a lantern battery, but it is 200 bucks. I wonder if you can find a used one or watch a YouTube tutorial on how to make one. I know they exist, but I wasn't feeling very creative. Now that I have lots and lots and lots of time on my hands, I might have gone this route - LOL!

Back
Top Bottom