What automatic chicken coop door should I buy?

Big f

In the Brooder
May 2, 2018
Are they actually good? And how do i know which one I should get? If anyone has tips of comments for me that will be much appreciated.

I just ordered the AdorStore ADOR1. It should be here this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ador1-Front-View-Closed-18_5_1_1024x1024.jpg

I got this one because it doesn't need pulleys. It will be added to my temporary coop while I am in the process of moving. I'm skeptical, but figured it's worth a go if I can reuse it on the permanent coop once we're settled. I usually have to leave for work well before sunrise, and I HATE having to open the coop before they're alert - even though they are pretty secure in a welded-wire dog run.

(Pic is from AdorStore.com)

I use a Chicken Guard door, which is pulley based and slides up and down on a track.

Things to consider: Do you have power to the coop? Do you want/need a timer and/or a light sensor? What types of predators are you dealing with? What kind of clearance do you have for the door itself (with a pulley style you need clearance above the opening, with doors that open outward you need enough clearance to let it swing)?

I have a "Ladies First" door . Works with batteries and solar charger and light sensor . Mine has worked flawlessly since I installed 6 months ago . I am very satisfied with it .

AjVAKUP.jpg

I just ordered the AdorStore ADOR1. It should be here this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

View attachment 2053665
I got this one because it doesn't need pulleys. It will be added to my temporary coop while I am in the process of moving. I'm skeptical, but figured it's worth a go if I can reuse it on the permanent coop once we're settled. I usually have to leave for work well before sunrise, and I HATE having to open the coop before they're alert - even though they are pretty secure in a welded-wire dog run.

(Pic is from AdorStore.com)
thank you

I use a Chicken Guard door, which is pulley based and slides up and down on a track.

Things to consider: Do you have power to the coop? Do you want/need a timer and/or a light sensor? What types of predators are you dealing with? What kind of clearance do you have for the door itself (with a pulley style you need clearance above the opening, with doors that open outward you need enough clearance to let it swing)?
i do have power to the coop and i would like a timer, i dont have many predators and idk what clearance i have.

i do have power to the coop and i would like a timer, i dont have many predators and idk what clearance i have.

Chicken Guard has option for timer. The clearance needed to use it is basically the full height of the door + about 6" above the pop door opening (so probably about 30")

I mainly chose this door because I don't have clearance outward for a swinging door, my coop is inside the run so lower chance of predators coming to the pop door anyhow, and I needed both timer and battery.

Back
Top Bottom