What bator to buy? LOOKING TO BUY ASAP!

Thanks everyone for your input.

I think I am going to go with the 1588 with the 1610 turner for my chicken and quail!

I think im going to order from culter supply.

Will let everyone know when i get it and how it works!

Is there anything else i need to buy other than a cheep hydrometer from walmart?

That is great to know! Because i know i am not going to have the hundred or so quail eggs to fill the racks at least to start with.

Quote:
I have the 1588 with turner, it's great. I have never had to adjust the temp.

Get some airline tubing, the stuff used with a fish tank pump, at Walmart. In the 1588 you can run it throught the corner opening and add water as needed without opening the incubator after Day 18. A needleless syringe fits it perfectly.

Also, at Walmart, you are looking for a combination unit of thermometer and hygrometer. A hydrometer measures density of a liquid, a hygrometer measures relative humidity and is what you need. I like to have two in for every hatch just to double check. And get some extra batteries, they will go out at the most crucial moment.

Good luck, happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

So Far Shelley's Got It--- The Brinsea Is The Best Mentioned So Far Here--- And Thats A Great Price--- May Have To Snag 1 Or 2 More.... I Have 2 That I Use And Love Them--- Auto Turner Cradle-- The Works And I Get The Absolute Best Hatches Out Of Them--- Way Better Than Any Of My Styro Bators...

My Bator Stock Consists Of:

(2) Brinsea Octogon 20's With Auto Turners
(2) Lg Still Air Styro Bators With Turners
(2) Hovabator Forced Air With Turners
(1) Hovabator Still Air --- Bare Model Used As A Hatcher Only

All Work And Incubate Eggs--- If I Had To Pick A Styro Bator It Would Definately Be Forced Air Hovabator. As Far As Easy To Get Your Hands On And Cheap--- Tsc Sells( And Carries Nearly All Times) The Little Giant Still Air Models And Turners--- 48.95 Each- Your Choice (thats Why I Have 2)

Personally The Brinsea's Are The Bomb! I Am Working Toward Replacing All Styro Bators With The Brinseas.... They Are All Plastic And Disassemble Quickly And Easily So You Just Unplug It, Break It Down Into Something Like A Total Of 6 Parts And Throw 'em In The Dishwasher--- When Its Done Re-assemble And Fill The Water Tray And Fire That Bad Boy Back Up! --- They're Alot More Compact Than Styro Bators, A Heck Of Alot More Durable, Hold Way More Resale Value, And Do A Better Job At Incubating--- The Oct.20 Is Supposed To Hold 24 Chicken Eggs But If You Try It Will Accomodate Closer To 3 Dozen. As Far As Quail Eggs At Least 80+ Coturnix More Buttons And Slightly More Or Less Bob White Eggs(depends On Breed--- Standard More, Butlers Less) I Just Emptied #1 Yesterday I Had 40 Chukar Eggs In It That Started To Hatch A Lil Early--- It Was Barely 1/2 Full With Them In It. Also If You Get Brinsea--- Get The Egg Wise Software For Your Computer Too! Its Absolutely The Greatest Incubation Software I Have Found!

Last edited:
The Difference Is The "package" On The Octogon 20---- The Eco Package Is A Forced Air With Water Tray In The Bottom Like Your Hovabators Or Lg's. The Advance Has All The Bells And Whistles--- Auto Everything Except Egg Laying! It Has Electronic Humidity Control And Injection, As Well As Forced Air, Auto Turner, And The List Goes On From Here.... Think Of It As Chevy Avalanche Vs Cadilac Escalade---- Same Truck, Different Price Tags!

I Use The Octogon 20 Eco Models Ansd They Do A Fantastic Job! I Have Hova's And Lg's Both Still And Forced Air Models--- None Of Them Compare To The Brinsea....

If anyone really needs an incubator right now!!!!
Then buy the most expensive model by ANYONE.

I was this () close to buying the $99 brinsea bater then I need this or that which is usually the case with the table top models by anyone.

Sorry, but I will build my incubators, and save my money until I can afford a $700+ model that will break my bank.
There is a tremendous UP CHARGE, for table top incubators. All are good choices, but what everyone wants is the $700+ model.

Back
Top Bottom