Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Gravel

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pine shavings

Votes: 190 64.8%
  • Other

Votes: 37 12.6%

• Total voters
We just moved to this house 4 months ago, and my gardens are not yet set up except the one with tomatoes. I hope to have a raised bed by next spring. My neighbors do not have gardens. We are a rural community but we are in town so I am super sensitive to the smell offending them. Altho maybe I should not worry, they don't worry about the pot smell coming my way (yuck). But to be a good neighbor, I try to keep the smell down. I spread PDZ in the run also to help. When you say a not-so-good soil mix, do you mean commercial? I am seriously considering putting sand in my run after I get it re-built. Except for the part I throw the grass/leaves/whatever in. I don't think those two run beddings would mix very well.

We just moved to this house 4 months ago, and my gardens are not yet set up except the one with tomatoes. I hope to have a raised bed by next spring. My neighbors do not have gardens. We are a rural community but we are in town so I am super sensitive to the smell offending them. Altho maybe I should not worry, they don't worry about the pot smell coming my way (yuck). But to be a good neighbor, I try to keep the smell down. I spread PDZ in the run also to help. When you say a not-so-good soil mix, do you mean commercial? I am seriously considering putting sand in my run after I get it re-built. Except for the part I throw the grass/leaves/whatever in. I don't think those two run beddings would mix very well.
not the sand.... everything else would work in the garden. Yeah, commercial compost by the truck load. Chicken poop adds the best stuff. The smell shouldn't be that bad is it? Unless you step in it...

Back
Top Bottom