What better way to use up some extra eggs!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by riverswan, Dec 5, 2015.

1. riverswan

riverswan Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]
    I have always been wanting to bake Pavlova and now with up to twelve eggs coming in a day I finally tried it, and it is delicious!

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

Nicely done! It looks yummy! [​IMG]

What did you do with all those egg yolks? Custard?

3. riverswan

Thanks! The recipe I used only needed six eggs but I would like to find a recipe that needs about twelve. Our dog Dante was the lucky one who got the yolks in his dinner! He is a great protector of our chickens, even does sky patrol to keep large birds out of our yard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

That's one adorable protector of chicken! I like to make quiche...it takes a lot of eggs. I make mine with ham, bacon bits, onion and cheddar cheese. Quiche also freezes well.

Did you think about selling them to your neighbors? Lots of people love farm fresh eggs. You could sell them for $1.50 per dozen if you just want to cover your feed cost or $3.00 per dozen to make a profit!

My other favorite way to use eggs is in custards...YUM! I had never tasted such good custard until I had my own eggs!

5. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Void where prohibited.
    Oops! I've been drinking again!

6. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    I used to have a recipe for a 13 egg cake. I believe it came from my very old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It is out of print now, I would think.
    The point being..there are recipes out there that use loads of eggs. Good luck. What you made looks yummy.

7. jdtan0

jdtan0 New Egg

Dec 7, 2015
    Wow, fantastic!

8. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Looks delicious![​IMG]

9. riverswan

Thanks again everyone! I will search for a recipe requiring 12 or more eggs as the kids will all be home for Christmas holidays and they all want to try it. Yes Dante is adorable, he was a rescue pup when I got him three years ago and he is now 100 pounds!

10. WthrLady

WthrLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2014
    WestOak, Nebraska
    I make giant batches of baked scrambled eggs and put them in sandwhich bags for the frezzer. A quick zap in the microwave and breakfast is ready.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by