What Book are you reading?

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just as the title implies, what are you currently reading? Favorite styles, or authors? What do you like/dislike about the book you are reading?

Right now I am reading "The Portrait of a Lady", "The Wives of Henry VIII" and "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets".

The Potter books never disappoint, always so good. The Henry VIII book is very informative and very dry, you need to fully pay attention to it. I'm not really sure what to make of the last book.

smile.png

Last edited:
[COLOR=0000CD]Just read the most adorable book in the world![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]It was too d.a.m.n. cute to put down.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]Read it cover to cover in one setting. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]A real page turner.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]"Once Upon A Flock" by Lauren Scheuer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]A sweet novel about a human and her small flock of hens.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]Heartwarming and charming![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]I borrowed this copy from a local library, but now I am definitely going to purchase a copy.[/COLOR]
Ooh I'll check it out! You should check out Along Came A Dog. :love so sweet. About a dog (obviously) on a farm and a misfit little hen.

Aw! I just performed a google search on "Along Came a Dog" and it looks too friggin adorable!
love.gif

I absolutely love "old" book covers and this cover is too precious! Thank you for the recommendation!
clap.gif

"The story begins with a hen whose toes have frozen during the winter, leaving her with deformed feet. A lonely dog comes to the farm and they form an unlikely friendship. The farmer has a soft spot for animals and comes up with ways to make the little hen feel special again. He even makes rubber feet for her because the hen is different from the rest of the flock, the other chickens ignore he in spite of her friendliness. The dog also tries to win over the affection of the farmer, but trouble follows when the hen disappears to sit on a clutch of eggs..."

I absolutely must read this book! Just placed the book on "hold" at a local library.

Christian Classic Children's Literature and all books by James Herriot are favorite loves of mine.

I may be an adult, but I still delight in children books! I will forever be a kid at heart.

Thanks again, silkiecuddles!

If you love/like Along came a dog, you should check out The Trumpet of the Swan. I read it a few years ago. It's a really well written book with a sweet storyline, and I think you'd like it :)

That's a really cute and lovely book. I got it from the library a couple years ago.

due to copyright things, you may need to delete a few of those pics of that book. :idunno

I am currently reading The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. It takes place 2,000 years ago, when the Romans invaded Masada, in the Judean desert. It's okay so far, but just started it.

Before that, I read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Very good, a very important part of the story revolves around a maze, and the story is like a maze in itself.

I have read all the HP books, and enjoyed them immensely, haven't read the others you described. I read a lot of crime mysteries-Johansen, Baldacci, Parker, Grisham, Deaver.

However, my favorite book of all time (besides the Holy Bible) is " From the Mixed Up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankwieler." A children's book, but great all the same. :)

Great topic of conversation!!

The Dovekeepers, that sounds very interesting. I'll have to keep a look out for that one. I'm fascinated by books, my favorites being history books or scientific. But sometimes you just need a nice relaxing read. Have you seen any of the Harry Potter movies? I was surprised how close to the book The Sorcerer's Stone movie was.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom