What Book are you reading?

Honey, I always get your books! Love your recommendations!
big_smile.png

I just had two other books started (The Dirty Life & Barnheart) when The Trumpet of the Swan arrived and I absolutely hate leaving a book half read. Unfinished books drive my crazy.
wink.png

I can only truly juggle reading two books simultaneously, if I attempt more than that I end up skim reading and will not remember what I read. I enjoy reading for quality not quantity.

Made me giggle when the little girl explained why feeding a baby two 8 oz feedings only added up to 15 oz. "Because he spills a little each time," said Linda. "It runs out of the corners of his mouth and gets on his mother's apron."

The things that children say! Cute!

In another thread I posted a child's book entitled "The Chicken Book" by Garth Williams. Garth was the author and illustrator of "The Chicken Book", but Garth also was the illustrator of several books written by E.B. White. How interesting that "The Trumpet of the Swan" was not one of them.

[COLOR=0000FF]Honey, I always get your books! Love your recommendations![/COLOR] :D

[COLOR=0000FF]I just had two other books started (The Dirty Life & Barnheart) when The Trumpet of the Swan arrived and I absolutely hate leaving a book half read. Unfinished books drive my crazy. [/COLOR];)

[COLOR=0000FF]I can only truly juggle reading two books simultaneously, if I attempt more than that I end up skim reading and will not remember what I read. I enjoy reading for quality not quantity.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Made me giggle when the little girl explained why feeding a baby two 8 oz feedings only added up to 15 oz. "Because he spills a little each time," said Linda. "It runs out of the corners of his mouth and gets on his mother's apron."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]The things that children say! Cute![/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]In another thread I posted a child's book entitled "The Chicken Book" by Garth Williams. Garth was the author and illustrator of "The Chicken Book", but Garth also was the illustrator of several books written by E.B. White. How interesting that "The Trumpet of the Swan" was not one of them.[/COLOR]
:lol: is the Dirty Life good?
Haha I feel you. I try not to start too many, but there always still seems to be about four at a time. :rolleyes:

:lol: aw how cute. It was about five years ago that I read that. You're making me want to read it again.

Oh! Didn't Garth Williams illustrate all the Little House on the Prairie books?? All of those books are so so good.

Yes, Garth Williams was the illustrator of the original Laura Ingalls Wilder "Little House on the Prairie" Novel series!

Good catch, for I did not realize that when my daughter was reading book #1 for a book report last year.

(This year's book report was on the Chronicles of Narnia series book #1 "The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe." Last year's book report was on the Little House on the Prairie series book #1 "Little House on the Prairie.")

The Little House on the Prairie Novel series is truly good, but my daughter liked the Chronicles of Narnia series better.
hu.gif

Is "The Dirty Life" by Kristin Kimball any good? Eh, it depends on what the reader likes.

http://wibx950.com/essex-county-far...-of-the-dirty-life-at-hamilton-college-video/

Although the title is attention-getting and cute, the front and back covers are misleading.

I borrowed the book based solely on the fact that the author ditched her city life for the farm life and chronicles her first year on the Essex Farm. The book is funny in some areas and dry in others. When the memoir focused on her falling in love with her "farmer" I was beginning to snore (not a fan of romance novels or "chick flicks"), but loved the misadventures of her trading in her Manolos for manure and tilled-in cover crops.

If you love romantic farm memoirs, in the sense that "city girl" falls in love with "country boy" then this book is for you.

But if what you want is a romantic farm memoir in which the girl falls in love with the land and lifestyle of becoming a first generation farmer through trail and error, misadventures, and humorous antics then you are better off reading "Made From Scratch" (Book #1), "Barnheart" (Book #2), & "One Woman Farm" (Book #4) by Jenna Woginrich, "Syliva's Farm" by Sylvia Jorrin, "Once Upon a Flock" by Lauren Scheuer, "Coop" by Michael Perry, or "Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance" by Martin Gurdon.

Last edited:
That's a really cute and lovely book. I got it from the library a couple years ago.

due to copyright things, you may need to delete a few of those pics of that book. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom