What brand of feed do you all use?

Ok. I didn't know if it was like w/ dog food. I tried the premium brands, grain free and whatnot... in the end, my dog is a ***** and we settled on a brand that doesn't make her ears funky and finally filled her out and got her to a good weight. Most would say it's a crap brands, Purina One Small Bites Beef and Rice, but.. hell.. she's the one that has to eat it. Silly GSD.

Here's her photo, even thou I digress....

Your GSD is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm partial to GSD-I have 2 !

Don't really have much choice around here. I tried the local brand but when the yolks turned pale yellow I went back to Purina . Plus they get clover, kale and various scraps.

So far I've been using DuMor because that's what they were using at TSC. I've also seen Layena and Purina ...

Any suggestions? And when do they switch from chick feed to layer feed? '

Thanks a million!

I use Bomgaars store brand...it's Ranchway Feed. It seems to be a good feed for my group of girls. They are growing ver y well, but they also forage all day, so this brand of commercial feed is more of a suppliment to their diet rather than the sole source for their diet.

In the rare occasion that Bomgaars is out of their store brand, I use Purina Start & Grow (unmedicated).

About 3 months ago I switched over to Blue Seal organic layer feed. Prior to that I was feeding them Layena.

Our local Ace Hardware Store carries Layena brand...How do you like it? How long have you used it?
The Layena was fine for the short time I used it-(4 months). I purchased it from Tractor Supply. Then this past March I decided to feed the girls organic feed, I went with the Blue Seal Organic. I only have 5 chickens so the cost to feed them organic feed really isn't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom