What bread machine do you have and how well do you like it?

Thanks Sandy. The loaf is silly looking though, huh? People must buy and use these a lot, there are lots of different ones on Craigslist here. This one was used less than 10 times they told me.
smile.png

My MIL used to bake bread at Christmas time, the old fashioned way. My kids dubbed it, "Grandma's magic circle bread" because she used to bake it in coffee cans. Best bread in the world!

She hasn't felt up to making bread for several years, so we've all been in withdrawals.

i have an oster..but i cant find the booklet that came with it anymore(i had it in storge)...
sad.png
..so, i cant remember how to use it correctly..
hit.gif

I have one , It's been a closet since a month after a got it. I'm not a fan of the loaf shape , mine makes a loaf that looks like a big brick ,and they are a pain to clean to me , I'd rather do it the old fashioned way. I usually make beer bread anyway , which is easy to mix and doesnt requires any kneading or raise time.

I scored a Regal Breadmaker off Freecycle for my boys. Here's a few pictures.

3044575267_66953f28e0.jpg

It's very simple, you just push start and it mixes, kneads, rests and bakes on it's own. 2 hours 20 minutes to fresh bread. LOL I'm impatient and take the majority of the loaves out to bake in the oven.

3045412252_a78014f1eb.jpg

The bread pan itself. It makes wonky little square loaves. Perfect size for the toaster, actually, but the loaf is a pita to cut right.

3044575463_50a2cfbe0d.jpg

The first 2 loaves the kids and I made. Both country white, since every recipe I found for the machine calls for bread flour. I haven't tried wheat bread in it yet, but I hope it works. One was baked in the machine, one I baked in the oven.

My kids love our machine. I love our machine. DH loves the bread... Plus, it was free
smile.png

Quote:
sterlling!..i'm glad your bread maker is working out for you!..i tried to find my recipe book for you..i cant find it!..i cant even run mine now, without the book!..i dug it out after your post...lol...i'm trying to find the manual that comes with it online so i can use it again...

I have 2 bread machines. One is an Oster, the other is a Welbilt. Once a week I make pretzels and use them to mix up the dough and let it rise. I was using them for bread here and there as well, but since I got my grain mill 2 weeks ago I have been making my bread by hand. The recipe book I am using is "The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book: A Guide to Whole-Grain Breadmaking". So far I have made 5 loaves of whole wheat and 2 of rye using the recipes out of this book. My bread has been light and fluffy even though it's entirely whole wheat. I'm sure I'll go back to using my bread machines for the dough cycle, but for now I am enjoying doing the kneading and rising by hand. It's extremely relaxing. I picked up both of my machines second hand for under $10 each, there are tons out there if you have the patience to wait for them to come up.

I think the shape of the loaf does not matter at all.......it is the taste that counts! My panasonic is really easy to keep clean and I use it every day. I would be lost without it and would replace it immediately if it broke down. My daughter comes home from uni and wants my bread as soon as she walks through the door!!

Back
Top Bottom