What bread machine do you have and how well do you like it?

tabsmonster~ this is the recipe I used http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/BakedDoughnuts.htm I haven't actually tasted one yet, but my kids were eating them.
smile.png

Quote:
Not all recipes give dense loaves. I thought that too until I started using bread machine flour and wheat gluten, powdered milk and making sure I have enough sugar. THere are reasons why bread comes out dense it may have to do with ingredient quality...say your flour is old or soemthing. I love smooshy white bread but don't like the additives and preservatives bread have in order to stay on shelves for weeks.

Quote:
I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and the bread machine is by far better at making a good dough than the Kitchen Aid mixer.

Why do you think the bread machine is better for making dough? I have made dough both ways. I have a professional series mixer with lots of power but have only made dough with it once. Seemed fine to me. Do bread machines mix more completely or make better gluten with the flour?

I usually buy bread at an outlet as we go through so much of it at our home but do want to do more baking I even have a bread mill to mill my own grain. It attached to my Kitchen aid and I love it.

I think a bread machine makes better dough becuase it can warm it while it rises and mixes.

We have a Zojirushi with which we are extremely pleased. The reason we wanted this brand is because of its strong motor. We were not able to use our other bread machine with home-ground wheat. It just couldn't handle it.

Quote:
Guess what? Santa (DH and DS) brought me a brand new bread machine! It is the Breadman Pro. I have only got to use it twice so far but I love it! It came from Amazon so I have 30 days, but it isn't going anywhere!

The day it came UPS I was using my old one. DH answered the door because I wasn't allowed to as he knew it was my present. The old one was making such a horrible noise that it took all of his will power to not just have me open the new one. I was so worried that my machine was going to die and we werent going to have bread for dinner. However beings it was also a gift from my DS he waited until school got out! So I still got to open it early!

Quote:
I have a Zo also and LOVE it! It has settings for a scond rise, I have made meatloaf, jam, and several different breads and quickrolls. Sometimes I only use it for mix/rise.

My old bread machine (can't remember brand) had so many failures I chucked it in the trash. No failures with the Zo...oh and I definitely use King Arthur's Flour. Maybe it's in my head, but it sure is delicious.

Stumpy, I have made some pretty grainy breads in this too, just delicious

Back
Top Bottom