What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Patchofheaven, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    This is my favorite little lady that we rescued from the SPCA in November. You can't see them very well in the picture, but she has a couple of feathers on her lower legs near the spur area.
    Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She looks like a Mille Fleur D'Uccle mix. Cute!

3. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    It looks like a cross with a golden sebright.

Richard

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
  5. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    I went on feathersite.com and looked at the Seabright, Mille Fleur D'uccle and Campines. My lady looks a like she might have a little bit of each of these breeds in her.

We don't know her age and as far as we know she has not laid any eggs yet. Is there a way to tell how old she is? Would she be considered a "Bantam" because she is so small? And what do you think her eggs would look like?

Thanks for the info - I'm full of questions tonight...

6. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I'd say she's definitely a bantie, but I don't think she's got d'Uccle in her. Are there feathers on her feet? She has Sebright colors, but the pattern is mottled instead of laced. Maybe an OE mix? She's a cutie! I'm going to guess that her eggs will be white to cream colored. My hens just started laying, and they're about 6 months old. So I would guess that's a way to find the age!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  7. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    I'd say part D'Uccle, due to the color, body type, slight feathering on the legs and that it looks like she has a little bit of a beard. The other part, OEGB or Seabright!

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    She looks to be a D'Uccle and Sebright cross. The partial lacing she shows is characteristic of the sebright. THe beard and feathering on the legs is characteristic of the D'Uccle.

Very pretty bird though! I love sebrights. I used to have silver laced.

9. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Looks like a sebright/D'Uccle I dont see much of campine in her.

10. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I don't really see any d uccle in her...D Uccle hens have white (lots of it) and I don't see any white. Also, no feathering on the feet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by