What breed am I?

Patchofheaven

Songster
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Conroe, TX
This is my favorite little lady that we rescued from the SPCA in November. You can't see them very well in the picture, but she has a couple of feathers on her lower legs near the spur area.
Any ideas?
100_1773.jpg

I went on feathersite.com and looked at the Seabright, Mille Fleur D'uccle and Campines. My lady looks a like she might have a little bit of each of these breeds in her.

We don't know her age and as far as we know she has not laid any eggs yet. Is there a way to tell how old she is? Would she be considered a "Bantam" because she is so small? And what do you think her eggs would look like?

Thanks for the info - I'm full of questions tonight...

I'd say she's definitely a bantie, but I don't think she's got d'Uccle in her. Are there feathers on her feet? She has Sebright colors, but the pattern is mottled instead of laced. Maybe an OE mix? She's a cutie! I'm going to guess that her eggs will be white to cream colored. My hens just started laying, and they're about 6 months old. So I would guess that's a way to find the age!

Last edited:
I'd say part D'Uccle, due to the color, body type, slight feathering on the legs and that it looks like she has a little bit of a beard. The other part, OEGB or Seabright!

She looks to be a D'Uccle and Sebright cross. The partial lacing she shows is characteristic of the sebright. THe beard and feathering on the legs is characteristic of the D'Uccle.

Very pretty bird though! I love sebrights. I used to have silver laced.

I don't really see any d uccle in her...D Uccle hens have white (lots of it) and I don't see any white. Also, no feathering on the feet!

Back
Top Bottom