What breed am I?

Quote:
but if they are poor hatchery quility that might not work with the white "shield"
hmm.png
i would go by comb and wattle development along with how red they are

the bird in the center of your last picture looks like it may be a girl. Hard to tell from the pics, but the comb of that bird looks smaller, and less red than the others. Can you get a better pic of it?

Last edited:
I will try to get individual pics tomorrow. So, someone mentioned letting them get to full size before butchering. Approx what age do these guys reach full size?

I think close to 8-11 months? That is the age they are supposed to still be pretty tender, but I will let someone more experienced with processing answer that one for you...that is not my arena of knowledge
roll.png

I don't think they are all roos. If you are going to eat them then feeding them to a decent size would not be wasting food. If you can pen the roos together when they get to that pesky adolescent stage you could keep them longer until they are meater; you could also feed them like meat chickens. If you don't have the room you may have to kill them at a younger age. I processed some extra roos (no SLW) at around 16-20 wks but I think waiting longer would have given me better meat. Read up to get pointers on handling them to get better quality meat; things like brining them helps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom