What breed and color is this pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by forgetful, Aug 14, 2013.

1. forgetful

forgetful Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    I have no clue what breed of chicken this is. She may be an Easter Egger for all I know. She hasn't reached point of lay, so I've yet to discover her egg color. The person I got her from got her in a batch of silkies by accident. She has very loose, fluffy feathering and is lighter than she looks. I'm more interested in what color she is. I remember seeing a chicken of the same feathering a while back and can't for the life of me remember the name of the color. I've included more pictures than necessary, in order from newest to oldest. :)

Oh, also, does she have muffs and a beard, or just muffs? I can never tell bearded chickens very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    She kinda looks like a Brown Red Ameraucana.

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Pretty girl! She looks like a mix of EE and Blue Copper Marans.

4. forgetful

Mar 30, 2013
    Mm she's a lot more blue than brown red to me.

I find her lovely! I wonder what color egg such a cross would have. Would that be an olive egger?

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    She looks to have Easter egger ancestry, but that straight comb tells me you probably won't get blue or green eggs.

Her color isn't a "color", specifically. I think the color you're thinking of is a blue copper, that's what she most resembles.

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

7. forgetful

Mar 30, 2013
    Yes! Blue copper is definitely what I was thinking of. Glad I could have that mystery solved. And what a shame on the egg color! Oh well. I'll be pleased with her either way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by