What breed and color is this rooster?

Capricoco

Songster
Mar 17, 2022
I got a new little frizzle rooster, but I’m not sure what specific breed or color he is.
18A167E8-E12D-4165-9E0C-78422C27C616.jpeg
D78E81A7-56BF-400E-8399-D683A71E5608.jpeg
0E2FC01C-585F-40B8-9948-89879FA5E281.jpeg

Seramas can come in specific varieties, but he does not appear to be one of them. He also does not appear frazzled to me.
That's not necessarily true. Many mixed colors have no names. He looks closest to gold birchen to me and frizzled.
Ok so this is a little long winded,just stay with me here. I went out to do chores and it’s a little windy out, whatever, I go to do chickens and my GL LF Cochin rooster is outside the coop. I go and pick him up and as I’m turning around the wind blows his feathers up and it’s the same ashy/blonde/silver color as some of pipsqueaks (rooster this thread is about) feathers on the underside. So I go to investigate pipsqueak’s feathers, and sure enough, that ashy/blonde/silver color in the pictures is only on the backside of his feathers. So would it be possible he’s a gold birchen and because of the frizzling it made some of his feathers look not gold?Or am I just reaching?Here’s a front view of him where you can see it’s only on the back of his feathers that are that color.
77FCB02A-B4DD-40FE-B045-8E98F764789B.jpeg

Poor fella, his wings frazzled.
Yeah I was a bit concerned about that when I went to pick him up. I actually wasn’t going to get him, instead I was going to get this handsome little Cochin bantam rooster, but he is the gentlest rooster I’ve ever met. Came right up to me and let me just pick him up. I’m really hoping he’s all good, but the wing feathers worry me.

Back
Top Bottom