What breed and color is this rooster?

That's not necessarily true. Many mixed colors have no names. He looks closest to gold birchen to me and frizzled.
Is he definitely a birchen? Or is he just close to a birchen? Sorry if this seems annoying, but I’m very unfamiliar with birchens.

I know. But I also know they can have a definite color (ex; spangled, black, white, barred, Mille fleur, pumpkin, birchen, it goes on and on) also, does he look more like a frizzle or a frazzle?
Seramas can come in specific varieties, but he does not appear to be one of them. He also does not appear frazzled to me.

Seramas can come in specific varieties, but he does not appear to be one of them. He also does not appear frazzled to me.
That's not necessarily true. Many mixed colors have no names. He looks closest to gold birchen to me and frizzled.
Ok so this is a little long winded,just stay with me here. I went out to do chores and it’s a little windy out, whatever, I go to do chickens and my GL LF Cochin rooster is outside the coop. I go and pick him up and as I’m turning around the wind blows his feathers up and it’s the same ashy/blonde/silver color as some of pipsqueaks (rooster this thread is about) feathers on the underside. So I go to investigate pipsqueak’s feathers, and sure enough, that ashy/blonde/silver color in the pictures is only on the backside of his feathers. So would it be possible he’s a gold birchen and because of the frizzling it made some of his feathers look not gold?Or am I just reaching?Here’s a front view of him where you can see it’s only on the back of his feathers that are that color.
77FCB02A-B4DD-40FE-B045-8E98F764789B.jpeg

Ok so this is a little long winded,just stay with me here. I went out to do chores and it’s a little windy out, whatever, I go to do chickens and my GL LF Cochin rooster is outside the coop. I go and pick him up and as I’m turning around the wind blows his feathers up and it’s the same ashy/blonde/silver color as some of pipsqueaks (rooster this thread is about) feathers on the underside. So I go to investigate pipsqueak’s feathers, and sure enough, that ashy/blonde/silver color in the pictures is only on the backside of his feathers. So would it be possible he’s a gold birchen and because of the frizzling it made some of his feathers look not gold?Or am I just reaching?Here’s a front view of him where you can see it’s only on the back of his feathers that are that color.View attachment 3122406
I don’t think he’s gold birchen because there are many other mixed colors that look the same (columbian x black, for instance, as seen in female BSLs). Also, mixed colors like that are much more common in seramas than actual gold birchens. I guess you could call him a gold birchen, but just physical looks isn’t enough to be sure that’s what he is.

I have bred and bought and sold and kept seramas for years. Never have I ever referred to or heard from another breeder a serama being called a "colour" unless it was pure black or white. They are just seramas. They don't really breed true to any colour. It's pot luck what you get because even white and black can hide a load of colours in their genes. He is a cute boy! Just enjoy him.

His wing feathers looking raggedy are common with frizzles as their feathers are more brittle. He will molt those out.

Back
Top Bottom