What breed and gender does this chicken look like?

Rooster or hen?

• Rooster

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Hen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kwoodward

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hi there, new to chicken ownership and trying to get a nice balanced flock started. I was told this chicken was a pullet, however, I'm having my doubts. Sophie is roughly 4-5 months old. She has not made a crow at all. She does talk (sounds like growling). I added a 5 month old cockerel to my flock recently and he definitely crows. I just don't want to put my 3 hens at risk if I have to many roosters. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_090720.jpg
    IMG_20190920_090720.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190828_164005.jpg
    IMG_20190828_164005.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 22
Hi there, new to chicken ownership and trying to get a nice balanced flock started. I was told this chicken was a pullet, however, I'm having my doubts. Sophie is roughly 4-5 months old. She has not made a crow at all. She does talk (sounds like growling). I added a 5 month old cockerel to my flock recently and he definitely crows. I just don't want to put my 3 hens at risk if I have to many roosters. Thanks for any help!!
Oh, that’s definitely not a pullet!

Haha! Oh no Sophie! Dr. Frank N Furter it is! He's super chill to, my hens beat him up. He hasn't crowed yet? Are certain breeds known to be quiet? The other roo I has is a red lavender Wyandotte and crows every morning.

Thank you by the way!!

I agree, he’s definitely a cockerel. But he looks like a black Favorelle to me, or that he could be mixed with one. How many toes does he have?[/QUOTE
I agree, he’s definitely a cockerel. But he looks like a black Favorelle to me, or that he could be mixed with one. How many toes does he have?

I'm going to go check. The gentleman that I got him from had a beautiful rooster that looked just like him. I figured he was Easter Egger because of the cheek puffs and beard. But, the were quite a few hens in the mix, so no idea what his mom looked like.

Back
Top Bottom